A National Diploma II student of Yaba College of Technology (YABATECH), Funke Balogun, who was allegedly, electrocuted in a hotel bathroom newly opened by her boyfriend’s mother, has revealed through autopsy that the deceased died of electrocution .

It was gathered that , the deceased was reported to have passed the night with her boyfriend, Abolade Adetunji in the hotel (owned by Abolade’s mother) which was opened for operation three days earlier and had gone to take her bath on the fateful day, which incidentally was her birthday, when she was electrocuted.

The deceased’s boyfriend, who claimed to have gone out of their hotel room to get tooth paste from his elder brother who was in another room reportedly returned only to discover the late Funke on the floor of the bathroom.
Earlier reports had indicated that Abolade who was oblivious of what had happened to his girlfriend, passed out after he was said to have received electric shock while attempting to rescue the lady. Both of them were later rushed to a hospital where the lady was said to have given up the ghost while Abolade was revived.

Meanwhile the family of the deceased has rejected the outcome of the autopsy which according to them “negates the obvious at the scene of the incident.”

According to the younger sister of the deceased, Funmi Balogun,

“there were blood stains all over the wall at the scene of the incident, although the Adetunjis claimed she was electrocuted.”

Sunday Sun was informed that before the autopsy result was released, the Adetunjis had approached the Baloguns to commiserate with them over the death of their daughter and offered monetary compensation which the Baloguns reportedly rejected.

“There is nothing else we can do, since they said Abolade is now free. They have now put the blame on the electrician that did the wiring of the hotel,” Funmi said.

Although Abolade was still in police custody as at 2.00 pm on Friday when Sunday Sun visited State Criminal Investigation Department, SCID, Yaba, a police source informed one of our correspondents that he might regain his freedom anytime soon.

“As for the electrician who is also in custody in connection with the incident, we are still awaiting the advice from the office of the Directorate of Public Prosecution,” the source said.

* May she and all the departed souls rest in perfect peace. Amen

SHARE