After code of conduct bureau released their statements earlier this morning saying Bukola lied about his assets declaration, the senate president has reacted to the allegations in a press statement released this afternoon,
Saraki said all the allegations were false, incorrect and untrue. The Press statement below… The attention of Dr. Bukola Saraki, President of the Senate, has been drawn to a charge sheet being widely circulated on the online media, upon which he is expected to be tried at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT).
It should be noted that at the time of writing this statement (10.00am on September 16, 2015), Dr. Saraki has not been served the court process. However, we recognise that as a public officer, he owes members of the public explanation on the allegations contained in the charge sheet.
We therefore state as follows:
1. That all the claims contained in the charge sheet are false, incorrect and untrue.
2. That Dr. Saraki has consistently declared his assets as required by law at every point before resuming any political office and that of 2015 is not an exception. It is surprising that the alleged charges is now referring his asset declaration made in 2003 while in office as Governor of Kwara State to formulate their charges. They therefore ignored the recent declaration for which they last week issued an acknowledgement.
3. That we believe that the Code of Conduct Bureau following their processes in which after a declaration is submitted to the bureau they carried out verification of the assets and ascertained the claims made, should not wait till 12 years later to be pointing out an alleged inconsistencies in a document submitted to it in 2003. This same Dr. Saraki submitted asset declaration form in 2007, 2011 and 2015. It is unexplainable that the case in question is now based on the 2003 declaration.
4. This is why we are of the opinion that present effort is a desperate move initiated due to external influence and interference.
5. It should also be noted that contrary to the procedure indicated in the law setting up the CCB, the bureau never wrote to Dr. Saraki to complain of any inconsistency in his asset declaration forms.
6. It should also be noted that Dr. Saraki as Governor of Kwara State never operated a foreign account.
7. That some of the issues contained in the charge sheet are subjects of earlier decided and on-going Court cases. We therefore believe those behind filing of these charges are engaging in forum-shopping.
8. It should be noted that we do not know on whose authority these charges are filed when the Code of Conduct Bureau and Tribunal Act clearly indicate that any prosecution must be authorised by an Attorney General and we know the nation last had an AG in May 2015. This is another clear indication that the CCT is acting under influence from outside its domain and therefore ready to bend the rules to achieve this obnoxious objective
9. We therefore conclude that this is not an anti corruption driven case and cannot be part of the moves aimed at fighting corruption. It is simply a pure malicious and politically motivated prosecution aimed at undermining the person and office of the Senate President.
10. That those behind this plot will definitely meet Dr. Saraki in court as this case which is based on outright fabrication and mischief will not and cannot stand the test of justice.
11. it should be noted that throughout his career as a public official democratically elected to high public service, Dr Saraki has always held himself, to global standards of transparency and accountability, to a far higher standard of diligence, disclosure, and compliance, than required or even requested by Nigeria’s Code Of Conduct protocols. Thus, Dr Saraki has always, lawfully and accountably, declared his assets, both directly owned, and in which he may derive any historical and on-going degree of beneficial interest.
12. In view of the above, Senator Saraki hereby affirms his belief in the justice system and that when the proposed case comes to the tribunal, he will diligently state his case. He is also ready to co-operate with the Tribunal and other lawful government agencies in the bid to genuinely fight corruption and eliminate impunity in our public affairs.
13. We also note that anytime you try to fight corruption or insist that the right thing should be done, the system will always come after you. This is another case of desperation to fight Dr. Saraki because of his recent stance on national issues.
Media Office of The Senate President
*Assets declaration season two. Eni wo tan
Mohbad was suicidal… he surrounded himself with cultists, says Naira Marley
Naira Marley, the Marlian Records head honcho, has claimed Mohbad, his ex-signee, battled with mental issues before his death.
Mohbad died on September 12. Marley is one of the persons of interest in the singer’s demise.
In a recent chat with Reno Omokri, Marley said he tried to seek help for Mohbad after learning about the late singer’s “mental health issues” from an associate.
He said he was ready to send him abroad for treatment and “pay for a lot of scans but his parents said they want to take him for treatment”.
“I was out of the country, I came back, and the people you surround yourself with are telling me all these things that he forgot his password. They said he forgets things quickly,” he said.
“So I was just trying to get help for him. That is why I was with his family; his dad and mum, if you can get the full video. You can see them complaining, telling me about the way he is moving and I am telling them too I heard he forgot lyrics. This is still the stage when I am trying to find help or see what was wrong with him.
“I did pay for a lot of scans for him to get scanned… And as I said, he was a little bit paranoid. So I was trying to take it easy by finding what was wrong. Remember he made a video to say ‘if anything happened to him, It is Naira Marley’. So I was just trying to find the best out of him.
“I spoke about maybe he can travel out to check properly. Then, I am thinking okay, I do not want him to start wandering up and down. I need someone to travel with him that he trusts.
“And then he said that it is his mom and dad that would understand what is wrong with him. And then his mom and dad said they want to take him for treatment.”
Marley also alleged that Mohbad tried to commit suicide before his demise.
The Marlian Records boss claimed Mohbad broke down several times and vowed to take his own life while he was alone.
Marley also alleged that the late singer “surrounded himself with a lot of bad people and cultists”.
“I believe that people around him know a lot of things. I do understand that he was surrounding himself with a lot of bad people; a lot of cultists,” he said.
On Tuesday, the record label boss said he would honour the police invitation to assist in the ongoing investigation of Mohbad’s death. He also insisted that “I have no hand in Mohbad’s death”.
Marley earlier said although they had “disagreements, no harm whatsoever was wished on Mohbad”.
AFRIMA mourns Mohbad, call for institutions in African music industries
All Africa Music Awards, AFRIMA, has emphasized the importance of regulating and institutionalizing the music entertainment industry as it joins millions of African youths and music fans to express grief over the demise of Nigeria’s singer, Mohbad, (real name Ilerioluwa Oladimeji Aloba).
Mohbad died on Tuesday, September 12, 2023, in an event that has generated massive public reaction.
The 27-year-old budding music star also known as Imole (Light) was a young and very promising artist whose creativity and amazing gift have made him produce highly thrilling lyrics that have warmed the hearts of millions of fans across the world.
The President and Executive Producer, AFRIMA, Mike Dada, in a statement, while lamenting that Africa has lost a promising talent in its growing music industry in a shocking manner, noted that institutionalization of the music/entertainment industry remains a top priority in curbing the unprofessional practices that have been existing within the industry in Africa.
He said; “On behalf of the International Committee of AFRIMA, we condole with Nigeria’s music industry, parents and fans of Mohbad, over his painful demise. The death of Mohbad is a tragic event that has left us all deeply saddened. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and loved ones of the deceased during this difficult time.
With his demise, Africa has lost a promising talent in our growing music and entertainment industry. We pray God to grant him eternal rest and grant his parents, family, and teeming fans the fortitude to bear his irreplaceable loss.
AFRIMA is spearheading efforts to mobilize stakeholders in the creative industry in Africa, with a focus on Nigeria, to establish institutionalized operations and regulate the music entertainment industry.
It is necessary to have a law that regulates the music industry to prevent it from becoming an unregulated free-for-all, as currently, the entry requirements are low such that anyone can just wake up and establish a music record label.
To address this issue, African countries must establish a Music Institute to certify practitioners regularly.
AFRIMA urges stakeholders, including relevant government officials and agencies, artists, record labels, A&R, producers, promoters, artiste’s managers, brands, songwriters, DJs & video vixens, video directors, equipment production and rental companies, publishing companies, streaming service companies, entertainment lawyers, royalty companies, choreographers/dancers, entertainment/music journalists and media, culture and music enthusiast, other supporting professionals: cameramen, editors, make-up, hairstylist, costumiers, among others, to participate in this crucial process. We urge stakeholders to submit their proposed legislation for review and consideration.”
AFRIMA’s concerns echo the call for justice for the late musician whose passing has created suspicion of foul play. The Nigerian Police are currently investigating the circumstances surrounding Mohbad’s death as the public keenly awaits the outcome.
Musicians and celebrities from Nigeria and internationally including Kodak Black, Lil Durk, and Meek Mill have all paid tributes to the late Street Hop sensation whose music has enjoyed a resurgence in the streaming platforms in Nigeria.
‘I regret tattooing your face on my lap,’ Mandy Kiss berates Naira Marley
Nigerian skit maker and brand influencer, Mandy Ayomiposi Oluwada, popularly known as Mandy Kiss, has said she regrets tattooing the face of rapper Naira Marley on her thighs.
This comes following the death of Mohbad, a former signee of Naira Marley with allegations linking the Marlian boss to the sudden death of the singer.
Reacting via her Instagram story, Mandy expressed regrets for idolising the Marlian Music boss.
She wrote, “I regretted the day I tattooed ur face on my laps, Naira Marley.
“You’re a big m*ss.
“Best day of my life is June 30 d day I erased ur face.”
‘FG is highly insensitive, we’ll shut down services’ — NUPENG to join NLC protest
Police detain Sam Larry amid probe into Mohbad’s death
EFCC arraigns Emee Oil CEO, Florence Onojame for allegedly defrauding Access Bank of N4.4bn
Mohbad was suicidal… he surrounded himself with cultists, says Naira Marley
Eriscofood to sue customer for N5 billion over defamation post
Tribunal sacks Kaduna Governor Uba Sani, says election inconclusive
Independence Day: FG declares next week Monday public holiday
NIMET warns of 48-hour heavy rainfall across 24 states
Ex-FIRS boss Nami approved N11bn suspicious payments after his sack – Sources
AAU graduate attempts suicide over withheld results
Beans and fried plantains might be a deadly food combination, here’s why
Mohbad: I’ll return to Nigeria if my safety is guaranteed, says Naira Marley
Bodex F. Hungbo, SPMIIM is a multiple award-winning Nigerian Digital Media Practitioner, Digital Strategist, PR consultant, Brand and Event Expert, Tv Presenter, Tier-A Blogger/Influencer, and a top cobbler in Nigeria.
She has widespread experiences across different professions and skills, which includes experiences in; Marketing, Media, Broadcasting, Brand and Event Management, Administration and Management with prior stints at MTN, NAPIMS-NNPC, GLOBAL FLEET OIL AND GAS, LTV, Silverbird and a host of others
News6 days ago
Suspect arrested for injecting Mohbad is not a registered nurse — Association
Entertainment1 week ago
Mohbad’s gains Billboard recognition after demise
Entertainment1 week ago
Mohbad: We may involve Interpol, declare suspects wanted, says police
News1 week ago
Tribunal to deliver judgment in Kano guber dispute via Zoom
Business1 week ago
Strike looms as NLC’s ultimatum expires today
Business4 days ago
Ways to access part of your pension before retirement
News1 week ago
Hackers take over X account of Trump’s son, claim father is dead
News1 week ago
Heads of anti-narcotic bodies converge on Abuja as NDLEA hosts HONLAF meeting