- Don’t compare yourself with others—but do approach people who inspire, and even intimidate, you. Are there people in your life who wow or even intimidate you? Are you jealous of them? Go up and introduce yourself, allow yourself to be a part of their lives, and even offer to contribute to their milieu if you are so inclined. Consider aligning yourself with people you feel competitive toward—it’s a new world and we have much to learn from each other
- Don’t concentrate on weaknesses, concentrate on your strengths. First, find out what your strengths are. Go online and take a Briggs Meyers test, an Enneagram test, or buy the Gallup Strengths Finder 2.0 book. Self-understanding and self-support is key. Working on one’s weaknesses only brings misery and self-doubt. Concentrating on your strengths brings a better sense of fulfillment and forward progress.
- Eliminate your weaknesses by partnering with others. Albert Einstein was initially a failure who leaned heavily on his wife. Many now believe she ultimately helped him devise his famous equation. Let’s be honest: He was a dreamer with his head in the clouds (and thank goodness he was). He came to success in roundabout ways. His wife kept her head on straight and together they accomplished greatness. That is the value of having a partner and team, varieties of perspectives, talents, and skills to get the job done. How is your team? Do you have someone’s back? Do they have yours? Are there complimentary skill sets involved? If you have people who believe in you, you can go far together. Whether it’s a mentor, employee, or co-worker, get their back and let them get yours.
- Use failure as motivation. Things aren’t always going to go your way, no matter how well you and your teams properly align with your goals. Sometimes we need a good kick to get us going. Sometimes we need the pain of failure to reset, revise, and reassess. Are you taking risks? Are you failing? If so, good going.
- Co-create, cooperate, and co-lead. Innovation requires flexible teams who cooperate, co-lead, and co-create. Mr. Jobs was a hierarchical leader in a time of radical shift from singular creative to co-creative. Over time, he learned what he was best at and how to use his skills, talents, teams, and life lessons. He then built and empowered teams of people around him who were able to help him execute his vision.
Don’t Try to be Steve Jobs- Discover Your Own Unique Strengths and Abilities
Naira Marley signs Vusic to Marlian Records
Naira Marley, the singer, has signed a new artiste named Vusic to Marlian Records, his music label.
Naira Marley took to his social media pages to unveil his new signee on Monday evening.
The singer shared a video of himself and Vusic vibing together to a perceived new song.
The singer also went down memory lane as he recalled his struggles in the music industry many years ago.
“Remember way back then dem dey laugh my history, now I don clear browser and if I wanna know how I came this far, you go need browse am,” the singer wrote.
“Please guys help me welcome @Vusic to Marlian music. No long talk let’s get to work bro.”
Vusic also took to social media to appreciate Naira Marley for the “great opportunity” to join Marlian Records.
“Thanks to @Nairamarley for this great opportunity. Steady bangers coming up,” he wrote.
“I’m happy to be part of the Marlian family.”
“You bought car, yet your family is suffering” Portable throws shade at Spyro (Video)
Nigerian singer, Portable has thrown a subtle shade at upcoming singer, Spyro.
The two had fallen out after Spyro in an interview stated that he doesn’t desire to work with the controversial singer.
Offended by his remarks, Portable via his Instagram page threw shade at him questioning if he takes care of his family.
Portable noted how Spyro bought a car, yet allows his family to suffer. He also claimed that the singer is living a life of Foreign in local.
“You buy car, you dey oppress, have you taken care of your family. You get a car, family dey suffer. You are living the life of Foreign in local. Have you taken care of your family”.
Portable >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> spyro pic.twitter.com/xBpkMoUX9w— WALMART 🌍 (@Walmart1805) May 31, 2023
Yvonne Jegede addresses rumour of secret marriage to Ned Nwoko
Yvonne Jegede, the actress, has addressed rumours of a secret marriage to Ned Nwoko, the husband of Regina Daniels.
A blogger had claimed that Jegede recently got married to Nwoko and subsequently deleted all her Instagram photos.
Reacting to the post, the actress expressed frustration at the way false information goes viral on the internet.
Jegede described the post as “evil and false,” adding that she won’t waste her energy fighting the blogger.
“When many people tell you they know ‘something’ is happening or believe something has happened, you asked them how they got to know, they tell you they read or heard it from the internet,” she wrote.
“Oftentimes, they heard it from idiots. How could you be this bold about falsehood? How can you lie so confidently?
“How can you intentionally tarnish people’s image and damage relationships all because you want to attract people to your blogs?
“This funny post is evil and false in every intent. I won’t dissipate energy fighting you. Karma is already dealing with your destiny.”
Jegede also questioned how deleting her Instagram photos indicates that she had a secret wedding,
“How does deleting my photos on my page give off anything???” Jegede wrote.
“The effrontery to mention my son sef, I suppose give you one dirty slap.”
Bolt, Uber drivers begin strike over low fares, 25% commission rate, says ‘we’re struggling to survive’
JUST IN: Tinubu swears-in George Akume as SGF
Armed robbers break into actress Onyi Alexx’s SUV, cart away her belongings including wigs and costumes (Video)
Aircraft used for unveiling of Nigeria Air was chartered from Ethiopia, says MD
Nicki Minaj announces new album — despite retirement
Teni boasts of being the most stylish lady in Africa
Air Peace sues NLC, TUC for disrupting flight operations
Nigerian businessman Mmobuosi accused of ‘lying about credentials, running fraudulent company’
Awoniyi gives testimony in church after Nottingham Forest’s relegation survival (Video)
Reps panel asks FG to suspend Nigeria Air operation, says it’s a fraud
Like Kwara, Edo reduces working days to three over petrol price hike
Portable welcomes 3rd child in one year
Bodex F. Hungbo, SPMIIM is a multiple award-winning Nigerian Digital Media Practitioner, Digital Strategist, PR consultant, Brand and Event Expert, Tv Presenter, Tier-A Blogger/Influencer, and a top cobbler in Nigeria.
She has widespread experiences across different professions and skills, which includes experiences in; Marketing, Media, Broadcasting, Brand and Event Management, Administration and Management with prior stints at MTN, NAPIMS-NNPC, GLOBAL FLEET OIL AND GAS, LTV, Silverbird and a host of others
Politics4 days ago
Bala Mohammed elected PDP Governors’ Forum chairman
Politics6 days ago
Governor Hope Uzodinma Elected As Chairman Progressives Governors’ Forum
Business1 week ago
‘Four In Four’ For Zenith Bank As It Retains Title As ‘Best Corporate Governance Financial Services’ In Africa
World4 days ago
Spain passes law allowing women to take paid menstrual leave — first in Europe
News1 week ago
I look forward to going home, my cows are easier to control than Nigerians, says Buhari
Sports1 week ago
Lionel Messi shuns awards night with PSG to attend music concert in Barcelona (Video)
Business4 days ago
APPLY: Canada announces express entry for STEM, trade professionals
Business2 days ago
‘Petrol is also a matter of time’ — reactions trail drop in cooking gas price