Connect with us

Celebrities

Pastors and members caught fighting in Assemblies of God church in Enugu 

Published

on

  
There was tension at the Assemblies of God Church on Mount Street, off Agbani-Road, Enugu State, as rival groups clashed over access to the church.

The church had been locked on police orders following a disagreement on the alleged transfer of a new pastor two months ago. To avert a clash, factions were told to hold their services in the compound.
Consequently, the compound was divided into two; the groups erected canopies and hold parallel services.
It took the intervention of the senior pastor, Rev. Amaechi Agbo, who leads a faction, to stop angry members from disrupting the service of the other group.
The faction has vowed not to allow “strangers” take over their place of worship. The group recognised Dr. Chidi Okoroafor, said to have been ordained the new general overseer, as their leader.
Agbo said trouble started on July 19 “when a member, claiming to be a lawyer but championing illegality and unlawfulness, imported Nathan Udeze to overthrow me.
“We reported to the police and went to court; the police advised us to lock the church and we did. We started worshiping outside and they sought court order to open the church.
“They did not allow the court decide before coming last Monday and broke the school’s entrance. Today (Sunday), they broke the church’s entrance, contrary to the agreement we reached with the police to wait for the court to decide.”
Expressing anger at the police handling of the matter, Rev. Agbo said: “I called the DPO to inform him that these people have broken into the church, he urged us to maintain peace and told me to see him by 2pm. I don’t know what he meant by that; these people broke into the school and today, into the church and the police are watching them”.
On the claim that he had been transferred, he said: “I am still in charge of this place; I came here on April 12 , 2013 and till date, I remain the senior pastor.”
“We are shocked at what happened today; if we had gone inside, there would have been bloodshed. I thank God that my members refused to confront them in the face of such provocation because something terrible would have happened here today.
“We are calling on law enforcement agencies to do the needful and avert trouble,” Rev. Agbo said.
But leader of the second faction, Rev. Paul Nathan Udeze, said he remained the authentic priest in charge of the church. He denied forcing his way into the church. [The Nation]

Is this proper? Jesu eku suuru!!!!

Celebrities

Yvonne Jegede addresses rumour of secret marriage to Ned Nwoko

Published

on

By

Yvonne Jegede, the actress, has addressed rumours of a secret marriage to Ned Nwoko, the husband of Regina Daniels.

A blogger had claimed that Jegede recently got married to Nwoko and subsequently deleted all her Instagram photos.

Reacting to the post, the actress expressed frustration at the way false information goes viral on the internet.

Jegede described the post as “evil and false,” adding that she won’t waste her energy fighting the blogger.

“When many people tell you they know ‘something’ is happening or believe something has happened, you asked them how they got to know, they tell you they read or heard it from the internet,” she wrote.

“Oftentimes, they heard it from idiots. How could you be this bold about falsehood? How can you lie so confidently?

“How can you intentionally tarnish people’s image and damage relationships all because you want to attract people to your blogs?

“This funny post is evil and false in every intent. I won’t dissipate energy fighting you. Karma is already dealing with your destiny.”

Jegede also questioned how deleting her Instagram photos indicates that she had a secret wedding,

“How does deleting my photos on my page give off anything???” Jegede wrote.

“The effrontery to mention my son sef, I suppose give you one dirty slap.”

Continue Reading

Celebrities

Ex-model, Victoria Valentino, sues Bill Cosby for 1969 sexual assault

Published

on

By

A former model, Victoria Valentino, has filed a sexual lawsuit against comedian Bill Cosby, alleging Cosby drugged and sexually assaulted her in 1969.

In her lawsuit, she said she met the actor in 1969 while she was an actress and singer.

According to her, they, however, later ran into each other at a Los Angeles restaurant and Cosby came over to say hello after spotting her in tears over the recent drowning death of her 6-year-old son. Later that day he gave her a pill,

“Here! Take this! ” It will make you feel better. It will make us ALL feel better,” she alleged that Cosby told her.

Her lawsuit was filed on Thursday in Los Angeles County Superior Court.

The lawsuit is possible because of a new California law that lifts the statute of limitations for civil sexual abuse cases.

However, a representative for Cosby, Andrew Wyatt, criticised the new law in a statement, Fox News reports.

“Victoria Valentino has skirted from town to town, promoting her alleged allegations against Mr. Cosby to anyone that would give her platform, without any proof or facts. It’s unfortunate that media has not vetted the inconsistencies in her many statements.”

“However, it’s more deeply disturbing and disappointing that our lawmakers would push forward these ‘Look Back Windows,’ which are a sheer violation of all Americans’ constitutional rights,” he added.

“Statutes of Limitations reside in the Constitution, in order to protect those who are victims of a crime and to protect those that are accused of a crime. Unfortunately, these ‘Look Back Windows’ are brought to life because our political figures are being driven by click-baiters, likes and followers, in order to excel to their political aspirations.”

“What graveyard can Mr. Cosby visit, in order to dig up potential witnesses to testify on his behalf? America is continuing to see that this is a formula to make sure that no more Black Men in America accumulate the American Dream that was secured by Mr. Cosby.”

Continue Reading

Celebrities

Rick Ross declares interest in Ayra Starr

Published

on

By

Nigerian music is raking the world by storm and Nigerian superstars are propelling this drive through their hit records, sensational style, and superstar lifestyles.

American rapper Rick Ross’ attraction to Afrobeats has gone beyond the music as he recently openly expressed his attraction to Ayra Starr.

In an Instagram video, Rick Ross gushes over Ayra Starr describing her as beautiful and talented while also proposing a toast to her and saying he would like to celebrate her when he comes to Nigeria.

The video has generated reaction online as fans joked about what a relationship between the two would look like.

Rick Ross interacted with Afrobeats long before Ayra Starr became a star. The rapper collaborated with Afrobeats legend P-Square on the remix of their 2011 hit single ‘Beautiful Oyinye’.

Rick Ross visited Nigeria in 2012 where he headlined a show and even shot a Nigerian video for his hit single ‘Hold Me Back.’

More recently, the rapper collaborated with Adekunle Gold on the remix of his hit song ‘5 Star’. He also visited Lagos in 2022 where he performed at a show.

Continue Reading

Bodex F. Hungbo, SPMIIM is a multiple award-winning Nigerian Digital Media Practitioner, Digital Strategist, PR consultant, Brand and Event Expert, Tv Presenter, Tier-A Blogger/Influencer, and a top cobbler in Nigeria.

She has widespread experiences across different professions and skills, which includes experiences in; Marketing, Media, Broadcasting, Brand and Event Management, Administration and Management with prior stints at MTN, NAPIMS-NNPC, GLOBAL FLEET OIL AND GAS, LTV, Silverbird and a host of others

Most Read...