Special Features

Bewi Africa takes International Women’s Day celebration to Ifesowapo Aboru Senior Secondary School

Bewi Africa marks International Women’s Day with secondary school girls in Aboru, Alimosho Local Government areas.

BEWI Africa is a non-governmental social enterprise that is committed to gender empowerment, equality and developments, which is consistent with my our ethos, and conforms with the tenets of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).

To mark this year’s International Women’s Day IWD, which is celebrated on the 8th of March every year, we will be having a one-day workshop with students of IFESOWAPO ABORU SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL (IASSS), Aboru, Alimosho LG, Lagos.

In a statement, Bewi Founder, Florence ‘Bodex’ Hungbo, said with this year’s theme being *BREAK THE BIAS* it’s an evident that the world is ready for love, unity and equality and, Bewi Africa is ready to contribute her quota to the global aim of gender equality and breaking all bias for a sustainable tomorrow by taking to various female schools to talk on values and equality

The entrepreneur and philanthropist said now more than ever, females are feeling the brunt of gender inequality “against the backdrop of the shrinking economy and other fallouts of the pandemic.

“Bewi will be talking on self-respect and how women should add values to themselves. “The earlier these girls are empowered the better for them because it will get tougher for the ignorant girl-child.”

Celebrated on March 8, International Women’s Day IWD focuses on global attention to gender equality, bias, stereotypes and discrimination, to drive equity and inclusiveness for females.

“Therefore,” Hungbo said, “Bewi Africa will be talking to the students on that day at 8am on the sub-theme ‘Break the Bias’.”

1. HI Hairstyles

April 26, 2022 6:16 am at 6:16 am

Very well written article. It will be helpful to everyone who employess it, as well as me. Keep up the good work – i will definitely read more posts.

2. graliontorile

May 5, 2022 11:04 am at 11:04 am

Enjoyed reading this, very good stuff, thanks.

3. zoritoler imol

May 7, 2022 12:12 pm at 12:12 pm

I will immediately grasp your rss feed as I can not in finding your email subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you have any? Kindly let me recognise in order that I may subscribe. Thanks.

4. graliontorile

May 14, 2022 6:50 am at 6:50 am

Would love to forever get updated outstanding web site! .

5. Latasha Nessen

May 22, 2022 4:57 pm at 4:57 pm

My programmer is trying to persuade me to move to .net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses. But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using Movable-type on several websites for about a year and am anxious about switching to another platform. I have heard very good things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can transfer all my wordpress posts into it? Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!

6. hrana za kotki

June 2, 2022 2:55 pm at 2:55 pm

whoah this blog is fantastic i love reading your posts. Keep up the good work! You know, lots of people are looking around for this info, you can aid them greatly.

7. hire a hacker to catch cheating spouse

June 21, 2022 8:10 pm at 8:10 pm

I am really enjoying the theme/design of your site. Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility issues? A handful of my blog audience have complained about my website not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Safari. Do you have any suggestions to help fix this issue?

8. hire a hacker for cell phone

June 22, 2022 12:27 am at 12:27 am

I really like your writing style, great info , regards for posting : D.

9. zorivareworilon

June 30, 2022 3:56 pm at 3:56 pm

You have noted very interesting points! ps decent internet site.

10. best cryptocurrency to invest in 2021

September 12, 2022 4:55 pm at 4:55 pm

An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast because I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more details? It is highly helpful for me. Big thumb up for this blog post!

11. what is the best cryptocurrency to invest in

September 13, 2022 1:04 pm at 1:04 pm

Keep working ,impressive job!

12. New face plasztika plasztikai sebész Budapest

November 12, 2022 2:52 am at 2:52 am

Good day very cool website!! Guy .. Beautiful .. Wonderful .. I’ll bookmark your web site and take the feeds also?KI’m glad to seek out numerous useful information here within the post, we want work out extra strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .

13. Dr Gőz Péter ügyvéd

November 12, 2022 10:59 am at 10:59 am

This is really fascinating, You’re an overly skilled blogger. I have joined your feed and look ahead to looking for more of your magnificent post. Additionally, I’ve shared your site in my social networks!

14. отпушване на канали

November 20, 2022 7:04 am at 7:04 am

Thank you for sharing with us, I think this website genuinely stands out : D.

15. zmozeroteriloren

November 22, 2022 11:37 am at 11:37 am

I like this site very much so much fantastic information.

16. Oywyru

November 27, 2022 6:46 am at 6:46 am

17. Ffpmon

December 2, 2022 9:33 am at 9:33 am

avodart order celecoxib 100mg generic cheap zofran 4mg

18. Gaaudz

December 3, 2022 5:16 pm at 5:16 pm

spironolactone 100mg pills order propecia 1mg pill buy fluconazole without prescription

19. Yxmbah

December 5, 2022 12:41 am at 12:41 am

ampicillin online order erythromycin usa erythromycin canada

20. Ynqksv

December 6, 2022 8:01 am at 8:01 am

buy sildenafil 100mg pill buy nolvadex 10mg oral robaxin 500mg

Special Features

Bodex F. Hungbo bags New Media Personality of the Year Award, 2022

Congratulatory messages are in order again as the Badagry born multiple Awards-winning damsel Bodex F. Hungbo, SPMIIM bags Prime Excellence New Media Personality of the Year Award.

The award which was presented to her in November 20, 2022 by Yeye (Barr) Mrs. Caroline Adeneye, CEO Sierra Global at Airport Hotel Ikeja was in recognition of her massive contributions to the growth and outstanding impact in the digital media space using Bodex Social Media Hangout as a tool in shaping the society and our country at large.

Recently, the Serial Entrepreneur, Cobbler, Multi-Media Expert, Brand/Event Expert, and PR consultant also, bagged an International Award and Regcognition for Excellence in Data and Information Management 2022 by the Institute of Information Management Africa presented by Dr Oyedokun A. Oyewole, President Institute of Information Management Africa for her enormous contribution and using her unique media talk- shop called Bodex Social Media Hangout that is designed to create consistent awareness and engagement on the need for social media good and while curating practical solutions through the engagement of professionals making positive impact across platforms.

During the presentation, Bodex Social Media Hangout was awarded Best Digital Program of the Year 2022 Bodex has become a reputable brand influencer/blogger and social media strategist with enormous influence in Nigeria and has been at the forefront of using digital/ traditional entrepreneurship to create value, engage the youth and deliver communication objectives for partner organisations.

In her appreciation speech, Bodex thanked the organizers of these awards for deeming her fit for the awards and also recognising the impact of Bodex Social Media Hangout in the country.

She also thanked all the media personalities present while dedicating the awards to all digital and tradition media entrepreneurs in Nigeria and beyond and promised to make everyone who has supported her on this journey proud.

Bodex is the Chairperson of Bodex Group International which comprises of Bodex Media, Bodex Footwear, Bodex Beauty House, House of Bodex and lead consultant at Volt Media Advisory.

She is the founder, Bodex Exceptional Women Initiative Africa (BEWIAFRICA)- an initiative that empowers women in men’s dominated field, amongst others.

Special Features

I learned to play talking drum myself as men refused to teach me, says Ara the drummer

Ara, the Nigerian drummer, has revealed that she learned how to play the talking drum by herself.

The self-acclaimed “queen of drums” spoke about her career in an interview with Channels TV.

She said she learned how to play the drums by watching the men perform, adding that they “refused” to teach her.

Ara said she listened to Nigeria’s veteran singers and learned how to play the drums to their sounds.

“I learned how to play the talking drum by watching the guys play because they refused to teach me. So I watched them play. I bought the music of people that I look up to in the industry,” she said.

“My father had a huge collection from Fela to Ayinla Omo Wura to Yusuf Olatunji to King Sunny Ade and everybody. So I learned to play with them.

“I listened to even Lagbaja when I was learning how to play because I love Lagbaja a lot. So I listened to all of their music and I trained my ear to listen differently and play differently.”

Ara is regarded as the foremost female drummer in Africa with a career that spans over two decades.

Special Features

Ara the Drummer narrates her grass to grace story

Nigeria’s foremost female drummer, Aralola Olamuyiwa popularly known as Ara, has made more revelations about her journey of life, recalling how she lost almost everything she laboured for in life, after things went from bad to worse for her.

The goddess of drums made these revelations during the week, while unveiling her pet project, a reality TV show tagged, “Eko Inspire Me By Ara”, and an academy for “Area Boys and Girls.”

Sharing her bitter experience at the unveiling ceremony, which was held at the EbonyLife Place, Victoria Island, Lagos, Ara said God took her on a journey to prepare her for what she’s doing today.

“In 2019”, she began, “I lost everything. When I say I lost everything, I lost everything I laboured for in life.”

She continued: “I sold all my cars and I was homeless. Nobody knew about my predicament except my family.”

“As at that time, I was somebody who used to give, not receive. I didn’t want to reach out to anybody. My landlord sent me packing because I couldn’t pay my house rent. On the day I was ejected from my house, I moved into a hotel with my child. While I was in the hotel, I reached out to one or two people whom I felt I could talk to.

“Sadly, I ended up staying in that one-room hotel for almost a year. I could not afford to feed myself and my child. In fact, I was eating the food that was meant for the kitchen staff. I moved from grace to grass and I started questioning God, why me?

“Everything I tried to do wasn’t working out for me. God practically cut everyone off me. When my mum knew what I was passing through, she reached out to me, but I told her I didn’t want to bother her. I started going to shows again. But the show that I normally charged between N3 million and N5 million, they started offering me between N100,000 and N150,000. I said to myself, what’s this?

“One day, I got a revelation and I said to God, is that the reason you are taking me on this journey? I prayed about it and I was told that nothing was wrong with me. This is God teaching me a lesson for a greater purpose. Nobody knew about what I was passing through because I am not a social media kind of person. Eventually, I picked the project again because I dumped it before now.

“I got frustrated trying to get people to key into the project. I went from organization to organization, but nothing seemed to be working out. So I dumped the project and God dumped me. I realized that He wanted me to feel what it feels like not to have a roof over your head, not to know where your next meal will come from.

“I cried profusely when they told me they were going to shut down the hotel where I was staying with my child because of COVID-19. I begged God to forgive me if I have done anything wrong. Later, they called me and said they weren’t going to shut down the hotel because of me. So, the moment I picked the project again, doors started opening for me. I said to God is that why you took me through this journey. Everything I lost gradually started coming back. I went from 100% to zero %. That’s why I said this project is the beginning of the beginnings for me,” the celebrity drummer, who was emotional, narrated.

Ara further explained that the initiative was borne out of her experience with some hoodlums over 10 years ago when she went to visit a friend at Oshodi area of Lagos. She said she made a promise to return to them in future, which she never fulfilled.

According to her, the experience changed her mentality about the street urchins. The drummer said she and her team were poised to make life better for over 2,000 area boys and girls in the next 10 years.

“Eko Inspire Me was conceived in my heart about 10 years ago due to a personal experience I had with some area boys in Oshodi,” she added.

Ara, however, thanked the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, for his support to make the initiative a dream come true.

On the reality show, the celebrity drummer said “Nigerians will vote 100 of them, 20 out of the 100 into the reality show. The academy will run throughout the year while the reality TV show is once a year.

“We cannot take more than 20 people for the reality TV show, but the Academy can take as many as possible. We also want volunteers.

“If anyone has touched your life, it’s time to pay back by helping these guys.”

Also speaking at the event, the Lagos State Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Gbenga Omotoso, said the initiative was in line with the Sanwo-Olu-led administration’s vision and pledged that the government will continue to offer support to ensure that more area boys and girls are kept out of the streets.

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, who spoke via a recorded video, also pledged to pick 20 area boys for mentorship.