Celebrities

Ed Sheeran faces trial for plagiarism on ‘Thinking Out Loud’

Ed Sheeran, a British megastar, will testify in court to defend himself against claims that he plagiarized Marvin Gaye for his international hit song “Thinking Out Loud.”

Ed Sheeran, a top-charting artist and internationally successful pop star, has been informed by a federal judge that he must go to trial in response to claims that he plagiarized Marvin Gaye’s 1973 smash song “Let’s Get It On” on his 2014 track “Thinking Out Loud.”

In his application to the court, Ed Sheeran argued that the copyright claims should be rejected because they were “baseless” and “far too frequent.”

The plaintiffs claim that Ed Sheeran and his writing partner Amy Wadge copied and exploited, without authorization or credit the Marvin Gaye song, “including but not limited to the melody, rhythms, harmonies, drums, bass line, backing chorus, tempo, syncopation, and looping.” They are seeking $100 million (£90 million) in damages.

A lawsuit was recently filed against Ed Sheeran and his songwriting partners John McDaid and Steven McCutcheon over claims that a chorus from their song “Shape of You” was lifted verbatim from Ross O’Donoghue and Sami Chokri 2015 single “Oh Why.”

The High Court Judge ruled that the imitation was “not purposefully nor unconsciously” made during the trial that took place in March 2022. Ed and his co-defendants were given £900,000 in costs.

Ed wrote on his Instagram page following the court decision that he hoped it would put an end to more unfounded claims. Ed Sheeran is not yet getting his desire, though, as he must deal with another lawsuit.

1. marizon ilogert

October 10, 2022 6:05 am at 6:05 am

We’re a gaggle of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your website offered us with valuable information to paintings on. You have performed a formidable task and our entire community can be thankful to you.

2. Budapest

November 11, 2022 11:17 pm at 11:17 pm

Appreciate it for this post, I am a big big fan of this site would like to proceed updated.

3. zmozeroteriloren

November 23, 2022 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm

Thanks a lot for sharing this with all of us you actually know what you are talking about! Bookmarked. Kindly also visit my website =). We could have a link exchange agreement between us!

4. Iyfeud

November 25, 2022 10:55 pm at 10:55 pm

buy levofloxacin 500mg levaquin 500mg without prescription

5. Riuqga

December 2, 2022 3:25 am at 3:25 am

purchase avodart pill order celecoxib without prescription buy ondansetron pills

6. Feapqr

December 3, 2022 10:55 am at 10:55 am

buy aldactone 25mg online cheap order propecia 1mg pill cheap diflucan 200mg

7. Fdaoes

December 4, 2022 6:41 pm at 6:41 pm

ampicillin 250mg over the counter order ampicillin 500mg online purchase erythromycin

8. Wkgzcd

December 6, 2022 2:03 am at 2:03 am

buy fildena 100mg generic order fildena 50mg without prescription robaxin over the counter

9. Bzelyl

December 7, 2022 9:03 am at 9:03 am

order suhagra 50mg online cheap order estrace 1mg generic estrace 2mg over the counter

10. Dwxfty

December 8, 2022 3:44 pm at 3:44 pm

lamictal order buy mebendazole pill order retin cream generic

Celebrities

Yvonne Jegede speaks on failed marriage, calls ex-husband ‘deadbeat dad’

Yvonne Jegede, the Nollywood actress, has accused Olakunle ‘Abounce’ Fawole, her ex-husband, of being a deadbeat father.

The actress spoke about her failed marriage during a show hosted by Mercy Johnson Okojie.

Jegede said nothing significant was the cause of their divorce.

She said despite having a “solid friendship” before marriage, they weren’t just compatible and “were on different pages”.

“It didn’t work out and we can’t force it. I really don’t want to talk about the problem we had but honestly, it wasn’t worth splitting over. I think we were on different pages, we were not even reading the same book in the first place,” she said.

“He is a very good guy with a good mind, sympathy and that’s why I married him. But I guess he is not the right person for me so we had to go our separate ways.

“I already saw we both don’t have a future together so I had to leave. I didn’t go through anything though because he didn’t beat me, he did nothing.

“Olakunle and I don’t talk anymore. I don’t know the reason for that because he had a solid friendship aside from the marriage.”

Jegede further called Fawole a “deadbeat father” who doesn’t care about his son’s wellbeing.

She said the first and last time he asked about his son was when the boy was 5 months old — when she threatened not to use his name as the boy’s surname.

She added that despite reaching out to him, he still didn’t come to check up on his son.

“The first time he publicly accepted and carried the son was when he was 5 months old. I gave him an ultimatum that I will remove his surname if the boy turns 5 and he doesn’t show up,” she said.

“I had given my son a compound name, Xavier Jegede Fawole, and I threatened that I will remove the Fawole and leave just the Jegede since I individually raised him.

“Since that day he never called. He doesn’t wish him a happy birthday on his birthdays. He doesn’t call him to ask about his well-being.

“Your gift is in my hand yet you don’t care. You see, one moment I dreaded the most is for my child to wake up one day and ask where is my father and it has happened.

“That day he (the son) asked, I had to send messages to his siblings to ask him to come and check up on him but it yielded no result.

“However, my house is open for him to come to check on his son but he clearly doesn’t want to. My father went for father’s day to represent him the other day, it was quite painful. But he doesn’t want to be involved in his son’s life so I’m going to raise my son myself.”

Celebrities

Blaqbonez disappointed over Wizkid’s comment on rappers

Blaqbonez, the Nigerian artiste, says he is “disappointed” over Wizkid‘s controversial comment about rappers in Africa.

Wizkid has been in the news since last week over his scathing criticism of rap music which he dismissed as “boring” and “dead”.

In an interview, Wizkid stated that he doesn’t listen to rap, suggesting rappers have failed to adapt to change.

“Afrobeats is the new pop. I sold two million copies in America off of one song! Even some American artists don’t have a diamond record. If I’m being honest, I don’t listen to any other genre of music anymore,” he said.

His comment attracted a chorus of condemnation from a number of indigenous hip-hop artistes and fans of rap music.

MI Abaga appeared to have countered Wizkid, saying rap is “still on the rise”.

Oladips, the fast-rising rapper, also called out the ‘Ojuelegba’ crooner, asking him if he has ever helped any rapper.

Still unsatisfied, the ‘Bad To Me’ crooner later took to his Snapchat on Saturday to describe Nigerian rappers as “broke boys”.

He also claimed Sarkodie, Nasty C, and Black Sheriff are the only rappers in Africa.

“Can’t believe y’all broke boys really thought Big Wiz will talk about y’all, wow! Y’all keep sending una popsy rap videos! I go dey watch maybe I fit help una mama life,” he wrote.

“Y’all not even rappers, Nasty C/ Sarkodie/ Black Sheriff are the only rappers in Africa. Y’all dumb f****s.”

Reacting via a lengthy Twitter post, Blaqbonez registered his disappointment with Wizkid over his comment.

“The last few days had me reflecting, looking back at how far I’ve come, the Wins and the Losses, whatever rap may or may not be, it got me this, everything I have, the cult-like fans who by far are the best part of everything,” he wrote.

“I said that to say I’m disappointed, everyone knows I’m a big Wizkid fan, maybe even a di*k rider on Twitter but rn I’m disappointed, I am, I can’t hide my emotions, I wasn’t even mad at the magazine article.

“Those are conversations I’ve even had behind the scenes. But the actions that followed can’t be defended, heavily degrading and undeserved but I’d keep doing my thing, carrying the most bashed and the most attacked genre on my back.

“Showing the world what a Nigerian rapper looks like. I’d keep dropping these hits, classic albums, selling out my shows, however far it takes me I’m good with it long as i can feed my family.”

Celebrities

‘Davido will never do this’ — Uche Ogbodo berates Wizkid over criticism of rap

Uche Ogbodo, the actress, has taken a swipe at Wizkid for saying rap is “dead and boring”.

Wizkid had in a recent interview spoken argued for the dominance of Afrobeats over other music genres.

The singer said he does not listen to rap music anymore because he no longer finds it interesting.

Wizkid also described the rap genre as “old, boring, tired and dead”.

His comment, however, did not sit well with many indigenous practitioners and fans of rap music.

In a lengthy Instagram post on Saturday, Ogbodo called out Wizkid, stating that he had no “loyalty” to his people.

She also said Nigerians don’t like each other, adding that Davido wouldn’t have said what Wizkid said.

“Wizkid was wrong! Too wrong! How could you say such about your people?” Ogbodo asked in Pidgin and English.

“No loyalty to your people! To your country, only selfishness is everywhere. Abeg make all of them gettat, this is not nice. All Nigerian rappers, y’all are the biggest and greatest, abeg. Justice for Naija rappers.”

In another post via her Instastory, Uche Ogbodo wrote: “How dare you? Davido would never do this lai lai.”

Among those who have countered Wizkid’s viewpoint on rap is MI Abaga who insisted the genre is on the rise”.