Connect with us

News

Tinubu debunks death rumours, shares workout video

Published

on

The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Bola Tinubu, has stated that he’s strong and healthy while dismissing rumour that he is dead.

The former governor of Lagos State, in a tweet on Sunday, also dismissed claims that he had withdrawn from the 2023 presidential race.

The tweet was accompanied by a video showing him working out on a fitness bike.

He wrote, “Many have said I have died; others claim I have withdrawn from the presidential campaign. Well… Nope.

“This is the reality: I am strong, I am healthy and I am READY to serve Nigerians from Day One.”

Concerns had been raised about Tinubu’s whereabouts after he failed to turn up for the peace accord signed by presidential candidates in the coming 2023 election.

He was, however, represented at the event by his running mate and former governor of Borno State, Kashim Shettima.

Giving reasons for the APC flagbearer’s absence, a member of the party’s presidential campaign council, Ayo Oyalowo, stated Tinubu had gone to London to rest.

It is, however, not clear whether the video shared by the presidential candidate on Twitter was taken in London.

Watch here

5 Comments

5 Comments

  1. marizonilogert

    October 4, 2022 2:29 pm at 2:29 pm

    Very interesting topic, thank you for putting up.

  2. my link

    October 5, 2022 10:24 pm at 10:24 pm

    There is noticeably a bundle to know about this. I believe you made various nice points in features also.

  3. ピアス

    October 27, 2022 2:53 pm at 2:53 pm

    you may have an incredible weblog here! would you like to make some invite posts on my blog?

  4. zeepdispenser zwart

    November 20, 2022 10:48 am at 10:48 am

    You are my breathing in, I own few web logs and very sporadically run out from post :). “Follow your inclinations with due regard to the policeman round the corner.” by W. Somerset Maugham.

  5. zmozero teriloren

    November 23, 2022 11:30 pm at 11:30 pm

    I will right away clutch your rss feed as I can not in finding your e-mail subscription link or e-newsletter service. Do you’ve any? Please allow me realize in order that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News

Buhari’s administration has saved Nigerians from hunger, says Lai

Published

on

By

Lai Mohammed, minister of information and culture, says President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration has achieved food security and the scaling up of made-in-Nigeria products.

The minister said this on Thursday in Abuja at the 9th edition of the ”PMB administration; scorecard series (2015-2023)”.

According to Mohammed, in spite of the crises affecting the cost of living globally, the administration had done well since assuming office in the area of self-sufficiency in most basic needs.

“I am sure many of us have seen video clips of empty supermarket shelves in the Western world, especially in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, Russia-Ukraine war and the economic uncertainty, which have all combined to disrupt global supply chains,” he said.

“Long before these crises, however, President Muhammadu Buhari had, in a statement that has now turned out to be prescient, admonished Nigerians to grow what they eat and eat what they grow.

“Then, many neither understood the importance of that admonition nor appreciated its relevance.

“Well, it turned out that the consequence of that statement made Nigerians look inward and relied less on imports.

“This has saved Nigerians from hunger, especially during the prolonged global lockdown, when exporting nations shut their ports and borders and nations that relied on imports were struggling to meet their needs.”

Mohammed also said the worst could have happened if the country had, during the period of the crises, relied on imports to feed itself.

The minister added that the presidential fertiliser initiative was a successful policy that made the production and distribution of fertiliser to the farmers effective.

According to him, the number of fertiliser blending plants in the country increased from 10 in 2015 to 142 and the increase in the number of rice mills also from 10 in 2015 to 80 integrated rice mills.

This, he added to have aided food sufficiency.

“Our farmers are now part of our economy. Companies and factories are coming up to manufacture, process and distribute food,” he added.

“If you visit our markets and supermarkets today, what you will see mostly are ‘made-in-Nigeria’ products. This is a huge progress in such a short time.”

Speaking further on the high prices of food items, the minister assured that as the country engaged more in local food production and moved closer to achieving food security, prices would begin to fall.

“For now, we must acknowledge the success we have achieved in the area of food production and in scaling up made-in-Nigeria products’’ he said.

Continue Reading

News

Military is under pressure to compromise 2023 polls, says defence chief, Lucky Irabor

Published

on

By

Lucky Irabor, the chief of defence staff, says the military is under pressure to compromise the 2023 elections.

The defence chief however said the military will remain neutral and assist the police in monitoring and securing the process.

Irabor spoke on Thursday at the ministerial media briefing organised by the presidential communications team at the presidential villa, Abuja.

Continue Reading

News

INEC reacts to viral video of staff copying numbers on PVCs

Published

on

By

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has debunked claims accompanying a viral video that its workers were stealing voter information from permanent voter cards (PVCs) in Lagos.

Within the past 48 hours, videos have gone viral on social media platforms showing some persons copying information from PVCs onto their mobile phones.

There were also claims following the videos that INEC was trying to rig the 2023 elections.

In a statement on Wednesday, Festus Okoye, INEC national commissioner, said the commission was aware of the video.

While confirming that the persons in the video were INEC staff at an office of the commission in Festac, Amuwo Odofin LGA in Lagos, Okoye said the video shows the staff “harvesting” voter information numbers (VINs) from PVCs as part of an inventory process for older, uncollected cards.

“In its determination to enhance the rate of collection of PVCs, the Commission decided to establish a PVC collection process that includes an online component,” the statement reads.

“The procedure entails that registered voters with access to the Internet could go to a dedicated portal to ascertain whether their PVCs are ready and to find their locations for subsequent collection.

“All they are required to do is to provide their details such as name, date of birth, state of registration or the last six digits of the VINs that they provided/received during registration, to locate their cards.

“This would improve the PVC collection process, but without prejudice to those who wish to go directly to the collection centres.

“For the newer PVCs, that is those from the Continuous Voter Registration (CVR) that took place between January and July 2022, the VINs were harvested automatically and made available online.

“However, for the older uncollected PVCs that predate the new guidelines, their VINs must be harvested manually and painstakingly for upload to the PVC collection portal (www.voters.inecnigeria.org). The portal will also improve the records of the Commission regarding collected and uncollected PVCs.

“While the Commission appreciates the vigilance of Nigerians and their determination to see the conduct of free, fair, credible and inclusive elections in 2023, it is exceedingly important that information such as contained in the said video is verified before sharing it with the public.

“A major threat to the upcoming general election comes from fake news and disinformation. The Commission appeals to Nigerians to remain conscious of this, even if the prior intention is worthy.”

Continue Reading

Most Read...