Celebrities

Blackface accuses Burna Boy and Wizkid of sampling song without credit

Blackface, the Nigerian dancehall singer, has accused Wizkid and Burna Boy of sampling his song without giving him credit.

The singer, whose real name is Ahmedu Augustine Obiabo, called out the music heavyweights in a post on his Twitter page on Monday.

In the tweet, Blackface claimed Wizkid and Burna Boy sampled his song titled ‘Twist and Turn’ for ‘Ginger’, a track from ‘Made In Lagos’.

“This is my song #twistandturn, you both sampled to make that GINGER @wizkidayo @burnaboy. Una for at least give me a call make una no do like Banky,” he wrote.

In a follow-up post on Tuesday, Blackface shared a video of what he said to be the original version of the song to back up his claims.

“There you have it @wizkidayo @burnaboy. You guys are breaking my heart when I respect and love you guys so much. Call me,” he wrote.

This is not the first time Blackface would be calling out his colleagues in the music industry over intellectual theft.

1. Content Generator

November 17, 2022 1:02 am at 1:02 am

Free. Sign up to receive $100, Trade to receive $5500. Click Here:👉 https://millionairego.page.link/free

2. Alta Stockfisch

November 18, 2022 12:58 pm at 12:58 pm

Hi would you mind letting me know which webhost you’re utilizing? I’ve loaded your blog in 3 different browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot quicker then most. Can you suggest a good hosting provider at a fair price? Cheers, I appreciate it!

3. Clinton Filippo

November 20, 2022 11:01 am at 11:01 am

Thank you, I’ve recently been seeking for details about this subject for ages and yours is the best I have located so far.

4. Tory Deshayes

November 22, 2022 1:48 pm at 1:48 pm

I’m really enjoying the design and layout of your blog. It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme? Excellent work!

5. Mjztpz

December 7, 2022 12:08 am at 12:08 am

sildenafil price buy methocarbamol methocarbamol 500mg usa

10. Ovjqqg

December 8, 2022 7:03 am at 7:03 am

sildenafil tablet generic estradiol 2mg estrace cheap

Celebrities

Yvonne Jegede speaks on failed marriage, calls ex-husband ‘deadbeat dad’

Yvonne Jegede, the Nollywood actress, has accused Olakunle ‘Abounce’ Fawole, her ex-husband, of being a deadbeat father.

The actress spoke about her failed marriage during a show hosted by Mercy Johnson Okojie.

Jegede said nothing significant was the cause of their divorce.

She said despite having a “solid friendship” before marriage, they weren’t just compatible and “were on different pages”.

“It didn’t work out and we can’t force it. I really don’t want to talk about the problem we had but honestly, it wasn’t worth splitting over. I think we were on different pages, we were not even reading the same book in the first place,” she said.

“He is a very good guy with a good mind, sympathy and that’s why I married him. But I guess he is not the right person for me so we had to go our separate ways.

“I already saw we both don’t have a future together so I had to leave. I didn’t go through anything though because he didn’t beat me, he did nothing.

“Olakunle and I don’t talk anymore. I don’t know the reason for that because he had a solid friendship aside from the marriage.”

Jegede further called Fawole a “deadbeat father” who doesn’t care about his son’s wellbeing.

She said the first and last time he asked about his son was when the boy was 5 months old — when she threatened not to use his name as the boy’s surname.

She added that despite reaching out to him, he still didn’t come to check up on his son.

“The first time he publicly accepted and carried the son was when he was 5 months old. I gave him an ultimatum that I will remove his surname if the boy turns 5 and he doesn’t show up,” she said.

“I had given my son a compound name, Xavier Jegede Fawole, and I threatened that I will remove the Fawole and leave just the Jegede since I individually raised him.

“Since that day he never called. He doesn’t wish him a happy birthday on his birthdays. He doesn’t call him to ask about his well-being.

“Your gift is in my hand yet you don’t care. You see, one moment I dreaded the most is for my child to wake up one day and ask where is my father and it has happened.

“That day he (the son) asked, I had to send messages to his siblings to ask him to come and check up on him but it yielded no result.

“However, my house is open for him to come to check on his son but he clearly doesn’t want to. My father went for father’s day to represent him the other day, it was quite painful. But he doesn’t want to be involved in his son’s life so I’m going to raise my son myself.”

Celebrities

Blaqbonez disappointed over Wizkid’s comment on rappers

Blaqbonez, the Nigerian artiste, says he is “disappointed” over Wizkid‘s controversial comment about rappers in Africa.

Wizkid has been in the news since last week over his scathing criticism of rap music which he dismissed as “boring” and “dead”.

In an interview, Wizkid stated that he doesn’t listen to rap, suggesting rappers have failed to adapt to change.

“Afrobeats is the new pop. I sold two million copies in America off of one song! Even some American artists don’t have a diamond record. If I’m being honest, I don’t listen to any other genre of music anymore,” he said.

His comment attracted a chorus of condemnation from a number of indigenous hip-hop artistes and fans of rap music.

MI Abaga appeared to have countered Wizkid, saying rap is “still on the rise”.

Oladips, the fast-rising rapper, also called out the ‘Ojuelegba’ crooner, asking him if he has ever helped any rapper.

Still unsatisfied, the ‘Bad To Me’ crooner later took to his Snapchat on Saturday to describe Nigerian rappers as “broke boys”.

He also claimed Sarkodie, Nasty C, and Black Sheriff are the only rappers in Africa.

“Can’t believe y’all broke boys really thought Big Wiz will talk about y’all, wow! Y’all keep sending una popsy rap videos! I go dey watch maybe I fit help una mama life,” he wrote.

“Y’all not even rappers, Nasty C/ Sarkodie/ Black Sheriff are the only rappers in Africa. Y’all dumb f****s.”

Reacting via a lengthy Twitter post, Blaqbonez registered his disappointment with Wizkid over his comment.

“The last few days had me reflecting, looking back at how far I’ve come, the Wins and the Losses, whatever rap may or may not be, it got me this, everything I have, the cult-like fans who by far are the best part of everything,” he wrote.

“I said that to say I’m disappointed, everyone knows I’m a big Wizkid fan, maybe even a di*k rider on Twitter but rn I’m disappointed, I am, I can’t hide my emotions, I wasn’t even mad at the magazine article.

“Those are conversations I’ve even had behind the scenes. But the actions that followed can’t be defended, heavily degrading and undeserved but I’d keep doing my thing, carrying the most bashed and the most attacked genre on my back.

“Showing the world what a Nigerian rapper looks like. I’d keep dropping these hits, classic albums, selling out my shows, however far it takes me I’m good with it long as i can feed my family.”

Celebrities

‘Davido will never do this’ — Uche Ogbodo berates Wizkid over criticism of rap

Uche Ogbodo, the actress, has taken a swipe at Wizkid for saying rap is “dead and boring”.

Wizkid had in a recent interview spoken argued for the dominance of Afrobeats over other music genres.

The singer said he does not listen to rap music anymore because he no longer finds it interesting.

Wizkid also described the rap genre as “old, boring, tired and dead”.

His comment, however, did not sit well with many indigenous practitioners and fans of rap music.

In a lengthy Instagram post on Saturday, Ogbodo called out Wizkid, stating that he had no “loyalty” to his people.

She also said Nigerians don’t like each other, adding that Davido wouldn’t have said what Wizkid said.

“Wizkid was wrong! Too wrong! How could you say such about your people?” Ogbodo asked in Pidgin and English.

“No loyalty to your people! To your country, only selfishness is everywhere. Abeg make all of them gettat, this is not nice. All Nigerian rappers, y’all are the biggest and greatest, abeg. Justice for Naija rappers.”

In another post via her Instastory, Uche Ogbodo wrote: “How dare you? Davido would never do this lai lai.”

Among those who have countered Wizkid’s viewpoint on rap is MI Abaga who insisted the genre is on the rise”.