Connect with us

Politics

Labour Party deputy campaign manager, Isaac Bulami debunks claim of replacing Okupe

Published

on

Isaac Bulami, national deputy campaign manager of the Labour Party (LP) presidential campaign council, says he is not interested in taking over as director-general of the council.

Bulami said this in a statement issued on Tuesday by Olusegun Dosunmu, his spokesperson.

Earlier on Tuesday, Doyin Okupe resigned from his position as the director-general of the LP presidential campaign council.

Okupe’s resignation followed his conviction over breach of the Money Laundering Act.

Prior to Okupe’s resignation, there had been speculations that Bulami would be announced as the new DG of the campaign council.

However, in the statement, the deputy campaign manager said he is not interested in the position, and asked the public to disregard the claim.

“The general public may wish to take note and disregard a false publication with the title: ‘Labour Party May Announce Isaac Balami as Okupe’s Replacement’,” the statement reads.

“My attention has been drawn to a fallacious and very disturbing news with the caption above making the rounds, especially on social media.

“I wish to hereby address the report with the above heading as completely false and baseless. It is a deliberate falsehood against my person and office in the present political dispensation, calculated to serve the selfish and dastardly intentions of certain remote persons aiming to distract and derail the cohesion so far responsible for the unending successes of the Labour Party’s campaigns across Nigeria.

“This allegation, a false representation of my personality, is not only spurious but malicious. It is a futile effort to pitch me and my office against my superiors and my fellow hardworking campaign council members, whom I have always had the utmost regard and love for.

“The news is a piece from mischief makers who think they can derail our great Labour Party and also diminish the influence of the next President of Nigeria, His Excellency, Mr Peter Obi, by attacking the unity of purpose of his campaign team working hard to make Nigeria great again.

“I must therefore and hereby unequivocally reiterate that I am not interested in the office of the Director General of the Obi/Datti Presidential campaign. I am only here to serve in any role assigned to me by my superiors at the campaign council.

“This statement must therefore lay to rest the fabricated lies and insinuations that have thus fallen short being weak and untimely. Our strong family bond in Labour Party will onlt grow stronger and more intentional – our focus on victory will never shift.

“All who intend to repeat or continue the publication of spurious and unfounded stories and allegations against either my person and office or against anyone for that matter in the Labour Party Presidential Campaign Council should desist from this forthwith.

“Anyone sponsoring these selfishly motivated and deliberate campaign of calumny aimed at causing disaffection amongst our presidential campaign council has failed and has hereby been warned.”

Politics

Governor Adeleke Rejects Tribunal Verdict, Heads to Appeal Court

Published

on

By

The Executive Governor of Osun State, Senator Ademola Adeleke has described the judgement of the governorship tribunal as ” a miscarriage of justice”, vowing to challenge the ruling at the Court of Appeal.

Reacting to the verdict of the Tribunal from his country home, Ede, Governor Adeleke faulted the resolution of the over-voting question in favour of Mr Oyetola, calling it ” an unfair interpretation against the will of majority of voters”

While urging his supporters to remain calm, Governor Adeleke vowed to appeal the judgement at the Court of Appeal, insisting he remains the rightful winner of the July 16 election.

“I call on our people to remain calm. We will appeal the judgement and we are sure justice will be done. Let our people be reassured that we will do everything possible to retain this widely acclaimed mandate”, Governor Adeleke declared.

Continue Reading

Politics

Fayemi congratulates Oyetola, says tribunal judgement reflects will of the people

Published

on

By

Kayode Fayemi, the former Ekiti governor, has congratulated Gboyega Oyetola, ex-governor of Osun, over his victory at the governorship election petition tribunal.

In a statement issued on Friday by Ahmad Sajoh, head of his media office, Fayemi said the judgement is a projection of the will and preference of the people of Osun.

Fayemi also commended Oyetola for devising peaceful legal means in the reclamation of his mandate.

“I am happy with the tribunal’s decision and sure that it reflected the will and preference of the majority of the people of Osun State. I commend Governor Oyetola for using peaceful legal means to reclaim his mandate,” the statement reads.

BODEX BLOG had earlier reported how the Osun governorship election petition tribunal sacked Adeleke as governor of the state.

Delivering judgment, two out of the three-member panel of the tribunal held that the petitioner was able to prove that there was over-voting in some of the polling units.

Consequently, the majority judgment of the tribunal ordered INEC to withdraw the certificate of return issued to Adeleke and issue a fresh one to Oyetola as the duly elected governor of Osun.

Reacting to the development, Adeleke described the judgement as “a miscarriage of justice” adding that it is “an unfair interpretation against the will of majority of voters”.

“I call on our people to remain calm. We will appeal the judgement and we are sure justice will be done,” he had said.

“Let our people be reassured that we will do everything possible to retain this widely acclaimed mandate.”

Continue Reading

Politics

APC expels Ita Enang, Buhari’s ex-aide, over anti-party activities

Published

on

By

The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Akwa Ibom state has expelled Ita Enang, a former special adviser to the president, over “anti-party activities”.

The expulsion follows recommendations from eastern ward 2 – Enang’s ward – in Ibiono Ibom LGA of the state.

In a letter dated January 24, the state working committee of the APC led by Stephen Ntukekpo, chairman of the party, ratified the ward’s recommendations expelling him.

“The anti-party activities among others include his indulgence with the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Akwa Ibom State, and his willful but unlawful disobedience of the directives of our great party, the APC,” the letter reads.

“After a free and fair gubernatorial primary election conducted by the party which he lost without showing a good spirit of sportsmanship, Senator Ita Solomon Enang had engaged in endless litigation against the candidate who won and the party.

“In the process, fully doing the bidding of the PDP to put a clog in the wheel of our progress as a party. The clandestine meetings he holds with the opposition party, the PDP, and after such meetings, drumming support for them, are not without notice by his vigilant ward and chapter officers of our great party.

“Consequently, I write on behalf of the state working committee (SWC) to ratify the decision of the disciplinary committee of the All Progressives Congress; that, Senator Ita Solomon Enang, be and is hereby expelled from the All Progressives Congress.”

Continue Reading

Most Read...