The Kano Hisbah board has sacked a deputy superintendent officer for allegedly conspiring with hotel operators to avert raids by officials of the force.
NAN reports that Aminu Daurawa, commandant general of the Hisbah, said five other officials are currently under investigation.
Durawa said the dismissed officer was found supporting acts of immorality by conspiring with “bad elements to perpetrate unholy acts in the state”.
The commandant who was reappointed to head the board by Abba Yusuf, governor of Kano, said he has been working to ensure all bad eggs within Hisbah are removed.
He said the dismissed officer has been undermining the work of the agency in eradicating immorality and social vices in Kano.
”We have dismissed a deputy superintendent of Hisbah (DSH) and declared him wanted. Wherever he is found he should be arrested and prosecuted,” Durawa said.
“So, when we carried out the raid operation, the hoteliers where such atrocities were carried out became jittery that Hisbah has changed.
“They paid him money not to carry out operation on their hotel. There was one among the hotel operators who asked us what do we want them to do for us to support us.
“And we told him the government saddled us with the responsibility and so it is responsible for our operations.
“So, he was asking that why will he give Hisbah money and they suddenly turned their back on him and carried out raid operation on his hotel.
“We don’t just carry out raid, but we ensure that people in the community file their complaints and signed by at least five persons.
“We also carry out surveillance by sending officers to conduct surveillance to ascertain the truth of the information available, then we notify the divisional police officer (DPO) of the area to get a back up and liaise with the court.”
He dismissed the claim by a Facebook user that the board shaved the hair of a non-indigene with a bottle during a raid at a hotel in the state.
He said the allegation was spread by mischief makers, adding that the person behind the post had been identified and would be invited to establish his claim.
“The video is totally lie; such incident never happened. We try to follow due process in carrying out our operation,” he said.
“Our personnel never cut the hair of any non-indigene lady, let alone use bottle to do so.
“It is a lie and we have identified the person that shared the video and will invite him to prove to us. If he fails to prove to us, then we will take action against him.
He added that the command has launched operation “Kau da Badala” to combat acts of immorality and other vices in the state.
Sanwo-Olu appoints Bakare-Oki Olalekan as acting GM of LASTMA
Babajide Sanwo-Olu, the governor of Lagos, has appointed Bakare-Oki Olalekan as the acting general manager of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA).
Olalekan possesses a master’s degree in transport management/planning from the University of Lagos and a bachelor’s degree in history and international studies from the Lagos State University.
He would succeed Bolaji Oreagba, the immediate past general manager of the agency.
In a statement issued on Friday, Jubril Gawat, the senior special assistant to the governor on new media, said Bakare-Oki joined the state civil service in 2000.
“A dedicated servant of Lagos state since 2000, Mr. Olalekan has risen through the ranks with a steadfast commitment to excellence and leadership,” the statement reads.
“With his recent role as deputy director, grade Level 16, and a seasoned background as director of the logistics & engineering department, he has demonstrated exceptional expertise in logistics, fleet management, and operational strategy across LASTMA’s extensive network.
“The accolades he has received, includes; ‘Best zonal head of the year’ and ‘Best area commander/outstanding leader of the year,’ reflects his unwavering dedication to service.”
FRSC warns against night travels during festive period
The Federal Road Safety Corps has cautioned passengers against embarking on night journeys during festivities due to their negative consequences.
The FRSC Sector Commander in Katsina State, Mr Ibrahim Maiyaki-Bazama, gave the warning in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria on Friday in Katsina.
“People have freedom of movement, but we, as the road safety corps, have the mandate to take measures that will help minimise road crashes.
“Part of such measures is that we encourage people to stop or minimise night travel.
“This is because when a motorist is driving at night, he cannot see beyond the reach of the vehicle’s light.
“In case of an accident, sometimes helpers are not readily available, or it takes time to get those who will assist,” he said.
Maiyaki-Bazama further said that the command has standby rescue teams ready for operation in case of any eventuality.
He said that the teams were at the five units under the command located at Funtua, Daura, Koza, Malumfashi, and Kankia.
The Sector Commander further urged motorists to adhere to traffic rules and regulations, pointing out that “it is only the living that celebrate.”
He said that the command was committed to reducing road crashes to the barest minimum.
He added that the need to reduce road crashes prompted the command to engage stakeholders on road safety in the state.
FRSC to prosecute fleet operators who violate safety standards
The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) says it will sanction and prosecute fleet operators who violate safety standards across the country.
Dauda Biu, FRSC corps marshal, spoke in Abuja on Thursday during the 2023 annual safety managers retreat.
Biu, who was represented by Amuche Nwaka, assistant corps marshal, said the FRSC would no longer tolerate the failure of fleet operators to adhere strictly to the terms of the road transport safety standardisation Scheme (RTSSS).
The FRSC boss said the retreat was intended to appraise and address notable observations made by the corps regarding the management of fleet operations in the country in the last one year.
He said investigations revealed that most recorded fleet operations-related crashes in the country could have been avoided if the concerned safety managers had been committed to their roles.
“This retreat is, therefore, a wake-up call to all of us to further justify our roles as safety managers,” NAN quoted Biu as saying.
“Specific lapses observed included non-installation of speed limit device (SLD), tampering with the already installed device, calibration above the approved speed limits, connivance with unscrupulous vendors for issuance of compliance certificates without actual installation, and so on.
“These shall no longer be tolerated as the corps will not hesitate to sanction non-compliant operators henceforth.
“All observed non-compliant fleet operators in any of the identified areas will be served with pre-action notices for prosecution and there is no going back on this.
“Fleet operators who refused to allow certification teams access to their premises will be prosecuted in accordance with the law.
“Fleet operators who fail to meet certification standards twice will be suspended from operations.
“Certified vehicle stickers shall be issued only for vehicles installed with functional speed limiting devices.”
Starda Casino контакты – Старда Казино контакты службы поддержки
UNILORIN approves 14-day paternity leave for workers
5 concert safety tips that should be on your mind for Detty December
EFCC guides Nigerians on how to avoid financial losses and ATM fraud
FG okays $1bn loan from AfDB for budget support
Kyari reappointed GCEO of NNPC, Akinyelure named board chair
OAU student, Subair Enitan hospitalised after over 50-hour wash-a-thon (Video)
Actor Amaechi Mounagor is suffering from kidney disease, diabetes and stroke, says Cousin
University Don And UNESCO Expert, DR Olunifesi Suraj Seeks Global Solutions To Fake News Through International Research Collaboration
Kogi SDP, APC trade words over plot to attack INEC office
JAMB calls out tertiary institutions issuing certificates without matriculation
Ladies floods Isreal DMW’s DM asking for marriage proposals after divorce
Bodex F. Hungbo, SPMIIM is a multiple award-winning Nigerian Digital Media Practitioner, Digital Strategist, PR consultant, Brand and Event Expert, Tv Presenter, Tier-A Blogger/Influencer, and a top cobbler in Nigeria.
She has widespread experiences across different professions and skills, which includes experiences in; Marketing, Media, Broadcasting, Brand and Event Management, Administration and Management with prior stints at MTN, NAPIMS-NNPC, GLOBAL FLEET OIL AND GAS, LTV, Silverbird and a host of others
Entertainment1 week ago
SEE FULL LIST: Burna Boy, Rema win inaugural Billboard Afrobeats awards
Education3 days ago
UNILORIN announces date for Post-UTME registration
Entertainment5 days ago
SEE FULL LIST: Burna Boy tops Billboard’s 2023 US Afrobeats artistes chart
Relationships3 days ago
Isreal DMW’s estranged wife reveals cause of split, calls him ‘two-minute man’
Entertainment1 week ago
Nigerian chef, Tope Maggie breaks Irish chef, Fisher’s cooking record, awaits confirmation
Health5 days ago
Holding in urine, high caffeine consumption…See 10 common habits that damage your kidneys
Crime1 week ago
Seven years after escape from prison, NDLEA arrests wanted Abuja drug kingpin
Celebrities1 week ago
Mr Real accuses Idowest of stealing his song ‘Legbegbe’, sabotaging his career