Connect with us

Celebrities

Lagos State Court Orders La Casera Not To Sack Staff

Published

on

We recalls that the La Casera Company had on 15 September, said it could no longer guarantee the safety of its workers, thereby, shutting down operations at its Mile 2 Plant on the Apapa-Oshodi Expressway in Lagos.

The management of La Cesera Company Plc, makers of La Casera soft drink and other consumables, has been restrained by an apex National Industrial Court (NIC), Lagos Division, from terminating the employment of its workers over a certain dispute with the National Union of Food Beverage, Tobacco Employees (NUFBTE).

Also, the company’s spokesman, Mr Tola Bademosi, had issued a statement which explained that over 200 demonstrators led by representatives of the National Union of Food, Beverages and Tobacco Employees (NUFBTE) invaded the company’s premises on Saturday and Monday.
According to reports, no fewer than 1,500 workers comprising 700 regular workers and 800 casuals, had been allegedly sacked by the soft drink company.
In the same vein, the NIC which gave the order on September 15, ordered the company, either acting by itself or its agents, not to temper with the employment of the staff, pending the hearing of the substantive suit on October 19, 2015.
The court statement made available to newsmen on Friday in Lagos, reads in part:

“With this ruling, the action of the management, which through unsigned notice pasted on the gate of the company at the Amuwo Odofin Industrial Estate, Mile 2, a day earlier, (September 14), terminating the employment of its staff, has been nullified.”

However, Justice Obaseki-Osaghae, ruling on an ex-parte application dated September 11, 2015, on suit number NICN/LA/416/2015, brought by NUFBTE against La Casera Company Plc, after hearing Mr. Sola Iji, counsel to claimant/applicant (NUFBTE), said:

“It is hereby ordered that an order of interim injunction restraining the respondent/claimant whether by itself, its management, staff, directors, members, agents, proxies or privies from determining or otherwise terminating by any means, pending motion on notice filed by the respondent/claimant, will be heard along with the applicant/defendant’s motion on notice.”

The court ordered all parties to maintain the peace and take no action that will lead to a breakdown of law and order.
The court, however, adjourned the case to 19 October for hearing of the two pending motions.

Celebrities

Juliana Olayode reveals how Funke Akindele emptied her bank account to save her mother from Fibroid

Published

on

By

Nollywood actress, Juliana Olayode has recounted how her senior colleague and boss, Funke Akindele emptied her bank account to save her mother’s life.

In the wake of claims that Funke Akindele doesn’t treat her staff right, Juliana debunked it as she made it known that Funke is the reason her mother is still alive after battling Fibroid.

In a lengthy post on his Instagram page, Juliana showered encomium on Funke as she recalled how the movie star emptied her account to make sure her mother was taken to a private hospital and treated immediately. She noted how the movie star does a lot of good for people, yet doesn’t post it for publicity.

Juliana added that Funke has worked hard to be where she is today and God backed her up. Raining prayers for her and her children, she wrote,

“Mamaaaaaaaaaaaaa @funkejenifaakindele
Olufunke Omo Akindele, the one who the Lord delights in.
The apple of God’s eyes, the one who has found favor in the sight of God, the one whom God has clothed with so much grace and glory, the one whom God has enthroned!!!! The one whose path is like a shining light, the one whose light can not be dimmed!

Olufunke Omo Akindele, the one who has gone through fire and came out without smelling like smoke, is a strong woman, a resilient woman, an Amazon, a phenomenal woman, a pacesetter, a record breaker, and a good woman.

My mum would have died of fibroid years ago, had you not emptied your account to make sure that she was taken to a private hospital and treated immediately.

You do a lot of good but you don’t post about it, you don’t do it for publicity, a lot of people are on your payroll, and you have done so much that an Instagram caption would not be enough to talk about it.

You have worked so hard to be where you are and God backed you up. You will never fall and you will never fail, the mighty hand of God will continue to carry you for the rest of your life.
You, your children, and everything that concerns you is covered by God!!!!

I LOVE YOU MAMA”.

Continue Reading

Celebrities

J Cole apologises to Kendrick Lamar over diss track

Published

on

By

J Cole, the US rapper, has apologised for recording a diss track aimed at Kendrick Lamar, his colleague.

Last year, Cole, on the song ‘First Person Shooter’, had suggested that he, Drake and Lamar were the current “big three” names in hip-hop.

Lamar, however, disagreed with Cole. In his verse on the song ‘Like That’, he said there was “no big three — it’s just big me”.

He went on to call Cole’s best verses insubstantial — “a light pack” — and claimed he was the “Prince to Drake’s Michael Jackson”.

In response to Lamar, Cole released a song titled ‘7 Minute Drill’ wherein he said Lamar has “fallen off like The Simpsons”.

In the track, he also described ‘Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers’, Lamar’s latest album, as “tragic”.

Speaking on Sunday at the Dreamville Festival in North Carolina, Cole apologised for his “lame” and “goofy” response.

He said he had gotten “a thousand missed calls” and felt pressured to write a comeback.

Cole said since releasing the song, he has “felt terrible”, nearly had a relapse, and could “no longer sleep well at night”.

He praised Lamar, calling him “one of the greatest”, and hoped he was not offended by the track.

Cole would later promise that ‘7 Minute Drill’ will be “removed” from all streaming services.
“I’m so proud of my latest project, ‘Might Delete Later,’ except for one part. One part of that made me feel like it is the lamest sh*t I ever did in my life,” he said.

“They said it is war time and wanted to see blood. I was conflicted because I know my heart and how I feel about these two nig**s that I’ve been blessed to even stand beside in this game.

“In trying to get this music out, I moved in a way that made me feel spiritually bad. That sht doesn’t sit right with my spirit. That sht disrupts my peace.

“How many people think Kendrick Lamar is one of the greatest to ever to pick up a microphone? You all love Kendrick Lamar, correct? As do I.

“I want to publicly say that was the lamest and goofiest sh*t I’ve ever done. I pray that Lamar didn’t feel any kind of way. And if he did, I got my chin out. Take your best shot, I’ll take that on the chin.”

The trio have dominated the rap genre since the 2010s, with Lamar winning 17 Grammys, Drake five, and Cole two.

Continue Reading

Celebrities

UBA introduces first of its kind scan to resolve complaint portal

Published

on

By

Africa’s Global Bank, United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc, has unveiled a Quick Response solution code, qrdispute.ubagroup.com:8088 called the ‘Scan to Resolve Complaint’ Portal with code  aimed at enhancing satisfaction and swiftly addressing customers’ disputes.

The first of its kind innovative platform marks another significant step by the bank to revolutionise customer service and streamline complaint resolution processes.

The ‘Scan to Resolve complaint’ portal is a QR-code-based qrdispute.ubagroup.com:8088,-portal conceptualised by the bank to proffer timely solution to customers’-challenges, without them having to visit the bank or branch.

With the portal, a variety of concerns including challenges around failed transactions will be quickly resolved from the comfort of their homes and business places.

UBA’s Head, Digital Banking, Olukayode Olubiyi, who spoke on the workings and benefits of the ‘Scan and Resolve Complaint’ portal explained that with the platform, difficulties with transactions on web, Point of sale machines (PoS) and Automated Teller Machines will immediately get responses and be treated within 72 hours.

“Our customers are at the heart of our business, that’s why we keep going the extra mile to constantly innovate in a bid to satisfy them. As the name implies, Scan and Resolve Complaint, is a solution driven portal which attends to complaints and issues of customers fast and promptly,” he explained.

He also disclosed that the portal is loaded with many benefits including ease of transactions, adding that “henceforth, customers are only required to scan and log in complaints while each complaint would be integrated into the portal register to make resolution seamless which also reduces customer hassles.”

According to Olubiyi, when these complaints are made, there will be an Instant verification process and notifications will be sent to customers while resolution will commence immediately with the overall aim to satisfy customer.

UBA’s Group Head, Customer Experience, Michelle Nwoga said the bank is always on the look-out to provide exceptional services to customers, and has over time developed various strategies to ensure that its service delivery is continuously upgraded to remain the bank of choice.

“UBA aims to provide the best value possible for its customers through a more interactive, user-friendly interface that will make countless opportunities available for the customers from the comfort of their homes,” she stated.

United Bank for Africa is one of the largest employers in the financial sector on the African continent, with 25,000 employees group wide and serving over 35 million customers globally.  Operating in 20 African countries and in the United Kingdom, the United States of America, France and the United Arab Emirates, UBA provides retail, commercial and institutional banking services, leading financial inclusion and implementing cutting edge technology

Continue Reading

Most Read...