Connect with us

Celebrities

”My Kidnappers Have Links With Boko Haram”; Falae…IGP Says

Published

on


Former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, Chief Olu Falae today revealed that his kidnappers have links with the dreaded Boko Haram insurgents even as he says he saw hell in captivity. Falae who was released today four days after his abduction by suspected Fulani herdsmen said he slept on bare floor while in the kidnappers den.In his discussion with the state Governor, Dr Olusegun Mimiko, who paid him a visit at his Oba Ile residence today, Falae said the horrible experience gained during his period of captivity will remain fresh in his mind forever. He stated that his kidnappers were talking about giving part of the ransom demanded from his family to fund Boko Haram. He said this was why they rejected the N2million offered by his family.

Continue to read
The Inspector General of Police, Mr Solomon Arase who led hundreds of police officers to rescue Falae however disclosed that no ransom was paid before the former Finance Minister was released, adding that the Afenifere leader was found by policemen along Akure/Owo road.Accompanied by the Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIG) in charge of zone 11 comprising Ondo, Oyo and Osun states, Mrs Kalafithe Adeyemi and the state Commissioner of Police, Mr Mike Ogbodu, Arase said no arrest has been made in connection with the incident.

However, he said the Police would ensure that the abductors of Falae are brought to book in no distant time, stressing that “we shall not relent until those involved in his abduction are arrested.” Falae who is the National Chairman of the Social Democratic Party (SDP) was on Monday abducted from his farm in Ilado, Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo state by hoodlums suspected to be Fulani herdsmen.

His release however came less than 24 hours after President Muhammadu Buhari ordered the Inspector General of Police, Mr Solomon Arase to secure the release of Falae. His release has elicited wild jubilation in Akure, the Ondo state capital, his hometown. A large number of people besieged the residence of Falae located at Oba-Ile area of Akure, thanking God for the safe return of their kinsman. The IGP who handed over Falae to Governor Mimiko decried the high level of kidnapping and other criminal acts in the country, saying the Police would soon overcome the trend.

The IGP said “we are going to devise strategies to ensure that hoodlums do not overwhelm a state. It is not possible. Security challenges like this are not new. It is not only localized in Nigeria but it is a global thing. “We will continue to disgrace them, we will continue to catch them. Right from Monday when he was kidnapped, policemen had been working underground and thank God for the success recorded.”

According to him “no ransom was paid on him. The public will know as soon as we make any arrest in connection with the incident. I assure you we shall not rest until we overcome this challenge.” Speaking, Governor Mimiko who expressed gratitude to God for the safe return of Falae said the return of the abducted Politician was a proof that God answers prayers. “We are happy he is back. We thank God he is back both safe and sound.‎ We are just happy that he is back. I prayed he come back safely and he did,” he said.

He expressed worry on the high level of kidnapping in the country, saying the trend has taken alarming dimension. Also, a large number of people besieged the Government House as the Inspector General of Police led Falae to the Government House. Falae who refused to speak to the crowd of people, who besieged his residence, however waved his two hands to them as he entered into the house in the presence of fierce looking police officers.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Celebrities

Yvonne Jegede speaks on failed marriage, calls ex-husband ‘deadbeat dad’

Published

on

By

Yvonne Jegede, the Nollywood actress, has accused Olakunle ‘Abounce’ Fawole, her ex-husband, of being a deadbeat father.

The actress spoke about her failed marriage during a show hosted by Mercy Johnson Okojie.

Jegede said nothing significant was the cause of their divorce.

She said despite having a “solid friendship” before marriage, they weren’t just compatible and “were on different pages”.

“It didn’t work out and we can’t force it. I really don’t want to talk about the problem we had but honestly, it wasn’t worth splitting over. I think we were on different pages, we were not even reading the same book in the first place,” she said.

“He is a very good guy with a good mind, sympathy and that’s why I married him. But I guess he is not the right person for me so we had to go our separate ways.

“I already saw we both don’t have a future together so I had to leave. I didn’t go through anything though because he didn’t beat me, he did nothing.

“Olakunle and I don’t talk anymore. I don’t know the reason for that because he had a solid friendship aside from the marriage.”

Jegede further called Fawole a “deadbeat father” who doesn’t care about his son’s wellbeing.

She said the first and last time he asked about his son was when the boy was 5 months old — when she threatened not to use his name as the boy’s surname.

She added that despite reaching out to him, he still didn’t come to check up on his son.

“The first time he publicly accepted and carried the son was when he was 5 months old. I gave him an ultimatum that I will remove his surname if the boy turns 5 and he doesn’t show up,” she said.

“I had given my son a compound name, Xavier Jegede Fawole, and I threatened that I will remove the Fawole and leave just the Jegede since I individually raised him.

“Since that day he never called. He doesn’t wish him a happy birthday on his birthdays. He doesn’t call him to ask about his well-being.

“Your gift is in my hand yet you don’t care. You see, one moment I dreaded the most is for my child to wake up one day and ask where is my father and it has happened.

“That day he (the son) asked, I had to send messages to his siblings to ask him to come and check up on him but it yielded no result.

“However, my house is open for him to come to check on his son but he clearly doesn’t want to. My father went for father’s day to represent him the other day, it was quite painful. But he doesn’t want to be involved in his son’s life so I’m going to raise my son myself.”

Continue Reading

Celebrities

Blaqbonez disappointed over Wizkid’s comment on rappers

Published

on

By

Blaqbonez, the Nigerian artiste, says he is “disappointed” over Wizkid‘s controversial comment about rappers in Africa.

Wizkid has been in the news since last week over his scathing criticism of rap music which he dismissed as “boring” and “dead”.

In an interview, Wizkid stated that he doesn’t listen to rap, suggesting rappers have failed to adapt to change.

“Afrobeats is the new pop. I sold two million copies in America off of one song! Even some American artists don’t have a diamond record. If I’m being honest, I don’t listen to any other genre of music anymore,” he said.

His comment attracted a chorus of condemnation from a number of indigenous hip-hop artistes and fans of rap music.

MI Abaga appeared to have countered Wizkid, saying rap is “still on the rise”.

Oladips, the fast-rising rapper, also called out the ‘Ojuelegba’ crooner, asking him if he has ever helped any rapper.

Still unsatisfied, the ‘Bad To Me’ crooner later took to his Snapchat on Saturday to describe Nigerian rappers as “broke boys”.

He also claimed Sarkodie, Nasty C, and Black Sheriff are the only rappers in Africa.

“Can’t believe y’all broke boys really thought Big Wiz will talk about y’all, wow! Y’all keep sending una popsy rap videos! I go dey watch maybe I fit help una mama life,” he wrote.

“Y’all not even rappers, Nasty C/ Sarkodie/ Black Sheriff are the only rappers in Africa. Y’all dumb f****s.”

Reacting via a lengthy Twitter post, Blaqbonez registered his disappointment with Wizkid over his comment.

“The last few days had me reflecting, looking back at how far I’ve come, the Wins and the Losses, whatever rap may or may not be, it got me this, everything I have, the cult-like fans who by far are the best part of everything,” he wrote.

“I said that to say I’m disappointed, everyone knows I’m a big Wizkid fan, maybe even a di*k rider on Twitter but rn I’m disappointed, I am, I can’t hide my emotions, I wasn’t even mad at the magazine article.

“Those are conversations I’ve even had behind the scenes. But the actions that followed can’t be defended, heavily degrading and undeserved but I’d keep doing my thing, carrying the most bashed and the most attacked genre on my back.

“Showing the world what a Nigerian rapper looks like. I’d keep dropping these hits, classic albums, selling out my shows, however far it takes me I’m good with it long as i can feed my family.”

Continue Reading

Celebrities

‘Davido will never do this’ — Uche Ogbodo berates Wizkid over criticism of rap

Published

on

By

Uche Ogbodo, the actress, has taken a swipe at Wizkid for saying rap is “dead and boring”.

Wizkid had in a recent interview spoken argued for the dominance of Afrobeats over other music genres.

The singer said he does not listen to rap music anymore because he no longer finds it interesting.

Wizkid also described the rap genre as “old, boring, tired and dead”.

His comment, however, did not sit well with many indigenous practitioners and fans of rap music.

In a lengthy Instagram post on Saturday, Ogbodo called out Wizkid, stating that he had no “loyalty” to his people.

She also said Nigerians don’t like each other, adding that Davido wouldn’t have said what Wizkid said.

“Wizkid was wrong! Too wrong! How could you say such about your people?” Ogbodo asked in Pidgin and English.

“No loyalty to your people! To your country, only selfishness is everywhere. Abeg make all of them gettat, this is not nice. All Nigerian rappers, y’all are the biggest and greatest, abeg. Justice for Naija rappers.”

In another post via her Instastory, Uche Ogbodo wrote: “How dare you? Davido would never do this lai lai.”

Among those who have countered Wizkid’s viewpoint on rap is MI Abaga who insisted the genre is on the rise”.

Continue Reading

Most Read...