Connect with us

Celebrities

”How Buhari Picked Fashola, Fayemi Over Tinubu, Osinbajo’s Candidates”; Source

Published

on

 

According to Dailypost, The national leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC) is in shock over the ministerial list released last Wednesday by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Although the list will be revealed on the floor of the Senate on Tuesday, names of those who made the cut are already in public domain.

But some party leaders, especially Vice- President Yemi Osinbajo and former Lagos State Governor, Senator Bola Tinubu, are upset that the list did not contain the names of their nominees, New Telegraph reports.

Rather than pick the choice of ‘Jagaban’, Buhari selected former Governors Babatunde Fashola (Lagos) and Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti), estranged political godsons of Tinubu.

Similarly, Osinbajo could not get human rights activist, Mr. Femi Falana (SAN), on the list.

Falana, (from Ekiti State), was being tipped to emerge as the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice.

Osinbajo reportedly made a case to the president more than twice to consider Falana.

Continue as there are more untold secrets
Instead, Buhari chose Fayemi, for his hard work before and after the election.

Fayemi, who may head the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, was the chairman of the APC National Convention in Lagos and later the Director, Directorate of Policy and Strategy of the APC Presidential Campaign Council.

Also, Osinbajo promoted the name of Prof. Pat Utomi as a ministerial nominee for Delta State.

But the president opted for the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Dr. Ibe Kachikwu.

He is expected to serve as Minister of State for Petroleum.

A senior party member told New Telegraph that “Asiwaju was disappointed with the ministerial list as none of his nominees made the Buhari’s cabinet. He felt used and dumped.”

“Tinubu invested his resources to prosecute the Buhari presidential election such that the president’s wife, Aisha, said the former governor drafted her to join the campaign train.”

The president, it was gathered, sent copies of the ministerial list to Tinubu and the APC National Chairman, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun.

Tinubu, who received the list in company of his aides and political associates, including former Interim National Chairman of APC, Chief Bisi Akande, looked through and was so surprised that he did not utter a word.

“Tinubu just took the list and called Chief Akande into an inner room in his Abuja residence,” the source said.

Thereafter, Akande called the president requesting for an audience. He got an appointment for 11p.m last Wednesday.

At the meeting, Akande asked why the president rejected Tinubu and South-West leaders’ recommendations for the ministerial list.

Buhari was said to have told Akande that since Tinubu produced the Vice President, others in South-West too should have a share of the appointments meant for the region.

Buhari reportedly hailed the efforts of Fashola and Fayemi, saying they deserved compensation.

On Fashola, the president said apart from being a two-term governor, he was chairman of the presidential fundraising committee and he worked more for his campaign unlike Yemi Cardoso, a former Lagos State Commissioner that Tinubu had proposed.

The president also justified the choice of Adebayo Shittu as Oyo State ministerial nominee.

He recalled that Shittu had been with him since his days in the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC). Shittu was 2007 CPC governorship candidate in Oyo State.

For Ogun, Buhari explained that he had to defer to Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, on the state’s nominee, because of their relationship since the days of the All Nigeria People’s Party (ANPP).

While Buhari was the ANPP’s presidential candidate in the 2007 general elections, Amosun was the gubernatorial candidate of the party in Ogun State.

Former National Auditor of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Bode Mustapha, was the candidate of former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

However, Buhari agreed to cede the Osun ministerial slot to Obasanjo’s candidate, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola, a former governor of the state.

Besides, a group close to the president worked against Tinubu.

They are Governors Nasir el-Rufai (Kaduna) and Aminu Tambuwal (Sokoto), and former Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi.

The trio, along with Pastor Tunde Bakare, were said to have played crucial roles in the choice of the ministerial list.

They resolved to whittle down the political influence of Tinubu because of the risk attached to allowing him have his protégés in many positions.

Speaking on the ministerial list, National Publicity Secretary of Afenifere, Mr. Yinka Odumakin, stated that Tinubu had lost out in the Buhari’s government.

“When a man thinks he’s too smart, he will ultimately dribble himself. What has happened to Tinubu is that those he launched all kinds of war against have become the victors. He never knew that the attack he was launching against them was a way of actually helping those people.

“President Buhari who appointed Fashola, Fayemi and others doesn’t want people under Tinubu’s influence in his cabinet. Now, he can’t begin to claim them after they have been appointed despite his opposition.”

Former Chairman, Presidential Advisory Council on National Conference, Senator Femi Okunroumu, in his reaction said his prediction had come to pass that Tinubu would be humiliated by Buhari.

“I am having a good laugh. This is what I expected. In any case, Tinubu is stretching his luck too far as he wants to dictate who will rule Nigeria. Tinubu’s wings need to be clipped.”

“With the ministerial list, Tinubu has been dumped. He should not just be dumped, he should be disgraced,” Okurounmu said.

On his part, Afenifere chieftain, Chief Ayo Adebanjo, said he was not surprised with Buhari’s approach.

“I’m not disappointed at all. I warned before the election that Buhari would not change, although he said he is a converted democrat.

“APC is not a party; it is a gang of people whose sole aim was to remove Dr. Goodluck Jonathan as president. In a real party, you share the spoils of office before elections not after elections. This is what is happening in APC. We warned our people, but they failed to listen.”

Celebrities

My kidney issues started in 2016… I was shocked when my wife offered to help, says Eedris Abdulkareem

Published

on

By

Eedris Abdulkareem, the ace rapper, says his kidney troubles started seven years ago.

In July 2022, the rapper was diagnosed with kidney failure, prompting him to publicly seek financial support.

Yetunde Sekinat Abdulkareem, the rapper’s wife, had opted to donate a kidney for her ailing husband.

Eedris, after his successful surgery, released a song to thank his wife for her “support” and “compassion”.

In a chat with TVC, Abdulkareem said he first felt kidney pains seven years ago but it worsened years later.

“About seven years ago, I started feeling that something was wrong with my right kidney. I always feel pain, so I decided to go to the hospital. The doctor told me my kidney is very weak and that I needed to be careful,” he said.

“About two years ago, I discovered that the pain increases. We went to the hospital and the doctor confirmed I had a stage four kidney problem. He said the only thing I could do was to start dialysis.

“He said it could be reversed if I do the first and second but, if that doesn’t happen, the best option is to do a transplant. My wife called her friend who did a transplant and she said we should see Doctor Bamgboye.

“We booked an appointment and went to St. Nicholas Hospital. The doctor did checkups. He said I had to bring a donor and it has to be a family member: a brother, sister, father, or mother who has to be 18 and above to 65.

“My wife there asked the doctor if she could be a donor for me and he replied, ‘yes, if you’re compatible’. She asked how she could know that and the doctor spoke of some tests. She said, ‘can we do that now?’ I was shocked.

“We never discussed it. She did the first and second tests, and she was. We were to do up to 15. On the last one, while I was on my dialysis bed, the doctor said they saw something in her that might render her incompatible.

“She took the 15th test and the doctor took the results to see a professor. The doctor said there was nothing wrong, adding that some growths come up inside the human body that might not necessarily be cancerous.”

Continue Reading

Celebrities

New Post

Published

on

By

Continue Reading

Celebrities

Skiibii’s record label threatens to sue Dorcas Fapson for accusing him of theft

Published

on

By

More Grace Music World, the management of Skiibii, has reacted to a recent interview granted by Dorcas Shola-Fapson, the ex-lover of the singer.

In the controversial interview, the actress insinuated that her ex-boyfriend stole her valuables during a vacation in Zanzibar, Tanzania.

Shola-Fapson said the stolen valuables include two phones, laptops, credit cards, a Rolex watch, and cash.

But in a statement on Monday, the singer’s management set the record straight on what transpired during the vacation.

The statement said the hotel where Skiibii and the actress lodged was robbed during their vacation, adding that the singer also lost his valuables.

“The label has been inundated by messages and telephone phone calls from friends and well-wishers regarding an interview (“the interview, granted by one Dorcas Shola Fapson (aka Ms DSF)- the estranged lover of our artist, Mr. Abbey Elias (aka Skiibii),” it reads.

“In the interview, the estranged lover made inferences to the fact that she was robbed while on vacation with her ex-boyfriend. Specifically, she stated that her mobile phone, laptop and other valuables were stolen, while she and her ex-boyfriend were asleep at their resort in Zanzibar, Tanzania,

“Whilst the above matter has been referred to our lawyers for appropriate review and action, we wish to state for the records that;

“a. Skilbil and DSF once went on vacation to Zanzibar on 19th June 2022 and returned to Lagos on 25th June 2022.

“b. The trip was paid for by the estranged lover as a birthday gift to Skiibii, as she stated that she would not be around for Skiibii birthday-5th July 2022.

“c. The villa where Skiibii and the estranged lover lodged was robbed on 22nd June 2022, as well as other neighboring villas and the following items belonging to Skiibii were also reported missing- two diamond necklaces, one rose gold cartier wristwatch, diamond rings (4 pieces), one Iphone; and cash in different currencies.

“d. The matter was reported to the Tanzanian police immediately on 22nd June 2022 and statements of all the victims were taken, including that of Skiibii and his estranged lover

“e. Skiibii and his estranged girlfriend no longer felt safe in the said villa, accordingly, Skiibii booked and paid for a new villa for the rest of their vacation.

“f. Upon their return to Lagos, Skiibii bought a new iPhone for his estranged lover to replace her stolen phone.

“g. Prior to the trip, Skilbii had gotten his estranged lover a new MacBook pro laptop, which she did not travel with and as such it was her old laptop that was stolen. Accordingly, there was no need for Skiibii to replace this item.

“h. Skiibii’s cartier rose-gold watch was stolen in the raid and he bought the silver variant of the watch in September 2022, as the stolen watch has not been recovered or found by the Tanzanian police. The new watch was purchased in South Africa and delivered to Lagos by Skiibil’s friend Larry Gaga.”

The statement added that the singer will take legal action against the actress for “defamation” in due course.

“Please remain assured that Skibii is a law-abiding citizen and he will be seeking redress for the defamatory statements made by the estranged lover in the court of law,” it added.

Continue Reading

Most Read...