My 17-year feud with Basketmouth began over unpaid ₦30k, says AY Makun
AY Makun, the comedian, has revealed how his 17-year feud with his colleague Basketmouth began.
In a recent interview with Chude Jideonwo, the media personality, AY recounted his early days in the industry.
He said Basketmouth used to connect him to perform at events when he was starting out in the comedy business.
AY said there was a particular event he attended but the organisers had expected Basketmouth to be available.
The comedian said he wasn’t paid and had to reach out to Basketmouth who told him the organisers hadn’t paid.
AY said he contacted the organisers and was shocked to find that payment had been made even before the event.
“Usually, what we get at that time is ₦30,000. ₦30,000 at that time was everything to me,” AY narrated.
“N30,000 would buy me my pack of [noodles], recharge cards, fuel for my generator.
“[It allowed me] to pay just one or two people to join me to do one or two skits that I can just quickly put out.
“I got this job and the people weren’t too happy to see me because they were expecting a Basketmouth to come.
“Long story short, the guy was later happy after the performance. There was an exchange of contact. Then I left.
“Two weeks running, I hadn’t seen ₦30,000. Because I didn’t see the ₦30,000, I was starving in Iponri.
“I decided to ask for ₦30,000 and he said this person hasn’t remitted. He said they were not happy.”
AY said it was when he shared a picture of his chats with both parties that a fight broke out.
He said he was not at odds with Basketmouth at the time but the incident caused them both to feud.
“It was very funny to hear from them that this full payment has been made long before the event,” AY said.
In August 2021, Basketmouth argued that he fell out with AY because the comedian “messed with loyalty”.
During an interactive session with fans on Instagram in 2022, AY said Basketmouth has a superiority complex.
Last year, the pair confirmed they were not on talking terms after they were spotted avoiding each other in public.
Ex-model, Victoria Valentino, sues Bill Cosby for 1969 sexual assault
A former model, Victoria Valentino, has filed a sexual lawsuit against comedian Bill Cosby, alleging Cosby drugged and sexually assaulted her in 1969.
In her lawsuit, she said she met the actor in 1969 while she was an actress and singer.
According to her, they, however, later ran into each other at a Los Angeles restaurant and Cosby came over to say hello after spotting her in tears over the recent drowning death of her 6-year-old son. Later that day he gave her a pill,
“Here! Take this! ” It will make you feel better. It will make us ALL feel better,” she alleged that Cosby told her.
Her lawsuit was filed on Thursday in Los Angeles County Superior Court.
The lawsuit is possible because of a new California law that lifts the statute of limitations for civil sexual abuse cases.
However, a representative for Cosby, Andrew Wyatt, criticised the new law in a statement, Fox News reports.
“Victoria Valentino has skirted from town to town, promoting her alleged allegations against Mr. Cosby to anyone that would give her platform, without any proof or facts. It’s unfortunate that media has not vetted the inconsistencies in her many statements.”
“However, it’s more deeply disturbing and disappointing that our lawmakers would push forward these ‘Look Back Windows,’ which are a sheer violation of all Americans’ constitutional rights,” he added.
“Statutes of Limitations reside in the Constitution, in order to protect those who are victims of a crime and to protect those that are accused of a crime. Unfortunately, these ‘Look Back Windows’ are brought to life because our political figures are being driven by click-baiters, likes and followers, in order to excel to their political aspirations.”
“What graveyard can Mr. Cosby visit, in order to dig up potential witnesses to testify on his behalf? America is continuing to see that this is a formula to make sure that no more Black Men in America accumulate the American Dream that was secured by Mr. Cosby.”
Rick Ross declares interest in Ayra Starr
Nigerian music is raking the world by storm and Nigerian superstars are propelling this drive through their hit records, sensational style, and superstar lifestyles.
American rapper Rick Ross’ attraction to Afrobeats has gone beyond the music as he recently openly expressed his attraction to Ayra Starr.
In an Instagram video, Rick Ross gushes over Ayra Starr describing her as beautiful and talented while also proposing a toast to her and saying he would like to celebrate her when he comes to Nigeria.
The video has generated reaction online as fans joked about what a relationship between the two would look like.
Rick Ross interacted with Afrobeats long before Ayra Starr became a star. The rapper collaborated with Afrobeats legend P-Square on the remix of their 2011 hit single ‘Beautiful Oyinye’.
Rick Ross visited Nigeria in 2012 where he headlined a show and even shot a Nigerian video for his hit single ‘Hold Me Back.’
More recently, the rapper collaborated with Adekunle Gold on the remix of his hit song ‘5 Star’. He also visited Lagos in 2022 where he performed at a show.
DJ Tunez loses laptop containing all Wizkid’s songs
Renowned Nigerian Disc Jockey, DJ Tunez has revealed that he recently misplaced his laptop in Miami, Florida, USA.
He made this known via his Instagram account while disclosing that it contains catalogue of Wizkid’s songs which he uses during shows and events.
DJ Tunez is the official disc jockey of Afrobeats superstar, Ayodeji ”Wizkid” Balogun. He asked anybody who finds it to reach out to him.
The record mixer also offered cash rewards to the lucky person who finds it for him.
He wrote; “I lost my laptop bag in Miami. Please, if anyone finds it, contact me! CASH REWARDS!”
(My Starboy DJ laptop ooo)”
See the post:
Spain passes law allowing women to take paid menstrual leave — first in Europe
Arik Air removes CRJ 1000 from fleet, aircraft to be torn down
‘I went on my own to address allegations’ — Pauline Tallen speaks on EFCC quizzing
Falana faults NNPCL, says only president can fix petrol price
EFCC grills ex-minister Pauline Tallen over diversion of N2bn
Withdraw your petition against Tinubu, LP faction tells Obi
NLC to embark on nationwide strike next week Wednesday
123-year-old Kenyan woman, Theresie Nyirakajumba, seeks companion, says ‘I’m still a virgin’
Kizz Daniel hints at separation from fiancée
Like Nigeria, Angola cuts petrol subsidy to promote solid economic growth
I’d work with Tinubu if he consults me, says Bode George
JUST IN: Tinubu confirms Gbajabiamila as chief-of staff
Bodex F. Hungbo, SPMIIM is a multiple award-winning Nigerian Digital Media Practitioner, Digital Strategist, PR consultant, Brand and Event Expert, Tv Presenter, Tier-A Blogger/Influencer, and a top cobbler in Nigeria.
She has widespread experiences across different professions and skills, which includes experiences in; Marketing, Media, Broadcasting, Brand and Event Management, Administration and Management with prior stints at MTN, NAPIMS-NNPC, GLOBAL FLEET OIL AND GAS, LTV, Silverbird and a host of others
Politics2 days ago
Governor Hope Uzodinma Elected As Chairman Progressives Governors’ Forum
News1 week ago
Biden’s Presidential Delegation arrives Abuja for Tinubu’s inauguration
News6 days ago
FG introduces ‘Brown Card’ for permanent residency
Business3 days ago
‘Four In Four’ For Zenith Bank As It Retains Title As ‘Best Corporate Governance Financial Services’ In Africa
News5 days ago
I look forward to going home, my cows are easier to control than Nigerians, says Buhari
Health1 week ago
5 unhealthy and deadly snacks almost all Nigerians enjoy
Sports5 days ago
Lionel Messi shuns awards night with PSG to attend music concert in Barcelona (Video)
World4 days ago
‘I look forward to a stronger friendship’ — King Charles congratulates Tinubu on inauguration