Smoking kills and sometime it kills instantaneously! Or at least this is what happened to an elderly man here. Police said 72-year-old property dealer Jaichand Bidhuri was charred to death after his clothes caught fire when he was smoking today.

The incident was reported from southeast Delhi’s Tughlakabad.Bidhuri’s wife told police that she had handed him some beedis and matches before the incident and he was alone on the ground floor of the house.

When smoke began emanating from the room, his family members rushed to see what was the matter but the door was locked, the police said.

By the time the door was broken, Bidhuri had sustained severe burn injuries, police said.

Pouring water was of no help as doctors at a nearby hospital declared him brought dead, they added. Police suspect his clothes caught fire while he was smoking.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.