Special Features

Most African men feel inferior dating a strong woman, says Drummer, Ara

Talking drummer, Ara believes that African men relish the idea of being with a strong woman but cannot handle the reality of being in a relationship with one.

Aralola Olamuyiwa, better known as Ara was a guest on Vanguard‘s Instagram Live session on Friday where she bared her mind of sundry issues ranging from how she started drumming to being a single mom and feminism.

“No, I don’t feel inferior. I’d be lying if I say I don’t miss that stability of having a partner in my life, but one thing I’ve come to realize in this part of the world is that African men cannot contain a strong female like myself”, Ara told Vanguard‘s Benjamin Njoku when asked if she feels insecure being a single mom.

“Men like the fantasy of dating a star, but they cannot hold down a relationship with a star, a celebrity, a strong woman. This is not entertainment only. It’s about strong women in all fields. It takes a very strong, self-confident man to have a relationship with women like us. We are very strong. It doesn’t mean he won’t love you. He will love and respect you.

“For me, over the years, I’ve been single. I’ve been single since 2011. I’ve been careful in getting involved. I’ve gotten four marriage proposals, but I turned them down, because I could see that these men really liked and wanted to marriage, but would not be able to sustain the relationship and I would have to leave again because they had insecurity issues and were easily intimated.”

1. NWRrmZ

July 15, 2022 9:57 pm at 9:57 pm

367625 296422Very informative post. Your current Website style is awesome as well! 720391

2. website for psychologist

July 24, 2022 11:13 pm at 11:13 pm

366182 272917Deference to web site author , some fantastic entropy. 308162

3. iptv testline

July 26, 2022 12:55 pm at 12:55 pm

709516 542235I havent checked in here for some time because I thought it was finding boring, but the last few posts are actually great quality so I guess Ill add you back to my every day bloglist. You deserve it my friend. insurance guides 669568

4. grease monkey weed

July 27, 2022 4:42 pm at 4:42 pm

337740 686471Most reliable human being messages, nicely toasts. are already provided gradually during the entire wedding celebration and therefore are anticipated to be extremely laid back, humorous and as effectively as new all at once. greatest man speech 655072

5. 403592 208194Theres noticeably a bundle to find out about this. I assume you created certain excellent points in capabilities also. 33906

6. buy-adderall-online

July 28, 2022 11:17 pm at 11:17 pm

186876 378621HURRAY! cant balladeer. by virtue of himself by what name highly. 773284

7. 690912 983281HURRAY! cant balladeer. by virtue of himself by what name highly. 988296

8. informatica lisboa

July 31, 2022 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm

329903 668662Some times its a pain inside the ass to read what folks wrote but this internet website is very user friendly ! . 873894

9. Watch Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2

July 31, 2022 8:35 pm at 8:35 pm

167668 471550just couldnt leave your web web site before suggesting that I really loved the normal details a person supply for your visitors? Is gonna be again ceaselessly to check up on new posts 150465

10. 650919 931546Whoa! This weblog looks just like my old 1! It is on a entirely different topic but it has pretty significantly the same layout and style. Outstanding choice of colors! 819270

11. general labor

July 31, 2022 11:24 pm at 11:24 pm

438293 459912You must join in a tournament first of the greatest blogs on the web. I will recommend this web internet site! 315584

12. red havanese

August 2, 2022 11:57 am at 11:57 am

917313 220257thank you dearly author , I discovered oneself this web internet site quite beneficial and its full of outstanding healthy selective information ! , I as well thank you for the wonderful food strategy post. 584350

13. Watch Golmaal Again

August 3, 2022 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm

676370 36042Many thanks for the great post C Id fun reading it! That i really like this blog. 38617

14. buy benelli firearms online

August 3, 2022 1:50 pm at 1:50 pm

12353 874995Deference to op , some superb selective info . 882689

15. departamentos la paz

August 3, 2022 5:09 pm at 5:09 pm

972015 580422Im not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your blogs actually good, maintain it up! Ill go ahead and bookmark your website to come back within the future. All the finest 743379

16. Josephplemi

September 5, 2022 7:53 pm at 7:53 pm

Gultekin Ben Gultekin Ben

17. Kennethpeeni

September 9, 2022 11:53 am at 11:53 am

Выгодные займы и микрокредиты онлайн онлайн
    в МФК, выдача срочно на банковскую карточку, оформление займа высоким % одобрения и выдача клиенту заема уже через пару минут с помощью сервиса МФО, возврат долга любым удобным способом на на сайте по интернету, низкие % по займу и много способов получения денежных средств: онлайн, наличными, перевод на банковский счет, перевод на свою карту. Достоинства и виды займов: без отказов, краткосрочные, круглосуточные, по договору с финансовой организацией, без проверки уровня ЗП, с действующими просрочками. Микрофинансовые организации предлагают отличные условия кредитования для постоянных занимателей и при повторных займах. Подберите микрозайм, заполните заявку на заем. Лучшие займы и ТОП займов для потребителей от МФО.

18. WayneGlync

September 12, 2022 6:40 pm at 6:40 pm

Когда вы боретесь с расстройством, связанным с употреблением алкоголя, вам может казаться, что конца не видно, но вы не должны страдать в одиночестве. Сегодня существует множество вариантов лечения, которые помогут вам излечиться от алкоголизма и вернуться к здоровой и полноценной жизни.
    Различные факторы, такие как история болезни, система поддержки и личная мотивация, могут сыграть свою роль в успехе вашего выздоровления. Лечение должно проходить под наблюдением группы медицинских специалистов в реабилитационном центре. По всей стране в центрах лечения алкоголизма работают профессионалы, которые проведут вас через все этапы процесса выздоровления – от детоксикации до жизни после реабилитации. Считайте их своей круглосуточной системой поддержки, которая будет радоваться вашим успехам и вместе с вами преодолевать любые трудности.
    Помните, что преодоление алкоголизма – это процесс. Менее половины людей рецидивируют после достижения одного года трезвости. Это число уменьшается до менее 15% после пяти лет трезвости. Чтобы получить наибольшие шансы на долгосрочную трезвость после завершения стационарной или амбулаторной программы, вам следует участвовать в местных группах поддержки и продолжать консультации. Лечение алкоголизма – это инвестиция в ваше будущее. Оно изменит к лучшему не только вашу жизнь, но и жизнь окружающих вас людей, таких как члены семьи и друзья.

19. Davidrom

September 14, 2022 8:04 pm at 8:04 pm

20. Jasonzib

September 15, 2022 10:38 pm at 10:38 pm

21. XsaAdklChiltgt

September 17, 2022 2:08 am at 2:08 am

Всем рекомендую этот обменник биткоин для обмена криптовалюты в России! Процесс обмена биткоин происходит от 5 до 15 минут.

22. XsaAyklChiltgt

September 21, 2022 1:48 am at 1:48 am

On this site u can buy all known nft monkey for very good price!

23. TimothyJarly

September 21, 2022 6:02 pm at 6:02 pm

24. TimothyJarly

September 21, 2022 8:02 pm at 8:02 pm

25. TimothyJarly

September 21, 2022 9:48 pm at 9:48 pm

26. HaroldKed

September 24, 2022 8:40 am at 8:40 am

Что такое гибкие кабели?
    Самый простой кабель – это одножильный провод с пластиковой оболочкой.
    Он может гнуться и сохраняет этот изгиб – если вы не делаете это слишком часто, потому что иначе провод ломается.
    Такие простые кабели используются в домашних установках.
    После установки кабель остается нетронутым в течение десятилетий.
    Такие твердые провода не подходят для многих других применений, где кабели должны быть гибкими и эластичными.
    Здесь проводники в жилах состоят из нитей – пучков тонких проволок, которые можно сгибать миллионы раз, в зависимости от конструкции, не ломая и не теряя свойств тока или передачи данных.
    Одно из самых неприятных мест для кабеля – тяговая цепь. Здесь кабели питания, сервопривода и передачи данных расположены близко друг к другу и перемещаются вперед-назад по мере работы машины.
    Иногда со скоростью более пяти метров в секунду с ускорением, превышающим ускорение силы тяжести более чем в пять раз.
    Кабели проложены в тяговой цепи таким образом, что они изгибаются только в одном направлении.
    КГ 3х1,5+1х1,5

27. marizon ilogert

September 26, 2022 6:15 am at 6:15 am

Good – I should certainly pronounce, impressed with your website. I had no trouble navigating through all tabs and related information ended up being truly simple to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it in the least. Reasonably unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or something, web site theme . a tones way for your client to communicate. Excellent task.

28. XsaYpvdChiltgt

October 10, 2022 3:56 pm at 3:56 pm

On this site all known monedigo and very good and trust!

29. marizon ilogert

October 20, 2022 12:19 pm at 12:19 pm

Can I just say what a reduction to find someone who really knows what theyre talking about on the internet. You undoubtedly know learn how to deliver a problem to light and make it important. Extra folks have to learn this and perceive this facet of the story. I cant imagine youre not more in style since you positively have the gift.

30. terpene entourage effekt

October 27, 2022 7:35 am at 7:35 am

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this website. I am hoping the same high-grade blog post from you in the upcoming also. In fact your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my own website now. Actually the blogging is spreading its wings fast. Your write up is a good example of it.

31. small buds cbd

October 27, 2022 8:04 am at 8:04 am

hi!,I like your writing so much! share we communicate more about your post on AOL? I need a specialist on this area to solve my problem. May be that’s you! Looking forward to see you.

32. XsaDwodChiltgt

November 11, 2022 1:34 am at 1:34 am

Very good site to buy satbayev.university pouches in killapods!

33. XsaDvsdChiltgt

November 13, 2022 12:45 am at 12:45 am

Very good site to satbayev.university and other!

34. pedaalemmer action

November 20, 2022 11:49 am at 11:49 am

I’m not sure where you’re getting your info, but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for great information I was looking for this info for my mission.

35. zmozeroteriloren

November 23, 2022 3:46 pm at 3:46 pm

I have recently started a web site, the information you provide on this site has helped me tremendously. Thank you for all of your time & work.

36. ikea almere

November 23, 2022 5:42 pm at 5:42 pm

It’s actually a cool and useful piece of info. I’m glad that you shared this useful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

37. zmozero teriloren

November 23, 2022 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm

Good day very cool site!! Man .. Beautiful .. Wonderful .. I’ll bookmark your site and take the feeds additionally…I’m satisfied to seek out so many helpful info here within the publish, we want develop extra strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .

38. Luhsnt

November 29, 2022 4:45 am at 4:45 am

buy generic levofloxacin 250mg order levaquin 500mg online

39. Pojmij

December 2, 2022 3:57 am at 3:57 am

avodart online avodart 0.5mg cheap ondansetron 4mg ca

40. ebook stores

December 2, 2022 7:32 pm at 7:32 pm

of course like your web-site however you need to test the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling problems and I in finding it very troublesome to inform the reality nevertheless I’ll certainly come back again.

41. Lyperm

December 3, 2022 11:28 am at 11:28 am

buy aldactone 25mg generic order fluconazole sale buy fluconazole 100mg for sale

42. Mkcgkn

December 4, 2022 7:12 pm at 7:12 pm

purchase ampicillin pill order erythromycin 250mg online erythromycin 250mg pills

43. Oynydd

December 6, 2022 2:33 am at 2:33 am

order fildena fildena online purchase robaxin pill

Special Features

Bodex F. Hungbo bags New Media Personality of the Year Award, 2022

Congratulatory messages are in order again as the Badagry born multiple Awards-winning damsel Bodex F. Hungbo, SPMIIM bags Prime Excellence New Media Personality of the Year Award.

The award which was presented to her in November 20, 2022 by Yeye (Barr) Mrs. Caroline Adeneye, CEO Sierra Global at Airport Hotel Ikeja was in recognition of her massive contributions to the growth and outstanding impact in the digital media space using Bodex Social Media Hangout as a tool in shaping the society and our country at large.

Recently, the Serial Entrepreneur, Cobbler, Multi-Media Expert, Brand/Event Expert, and PR consultant also, bagged an International Award and Regcognition for Excellence in Data and Information Management 2022 by the Institute of Information Management Africa presented by Dr Oyedokun A. Oyewole, President Institute of Information Management Africa for her enormous contribution and using her unique media talk- shop called Bodex Social Media Hangout that is designed to create consistent awareness and engagement on the need for social media good and while curating practical solutions through the engagement of professionals making positive impact across platforms.

During the presentation, Bodex Social Media Hangout was awarded Best Digital Program of the Year 2022 Bodex has become a reputable brand influencer/blogger and social media strategist with enormous influence in Nigeria and has been at the forefront of using digital/ traditional entrepreneurship to create value, engage the youth and deliver communication objectives for partner organisations.

In her appreciation speech, Bodex thanked the organizers of these awards for deeming her fit for the awards and also recognising the impact of Bodex Social Media Hangout in the country.

She also thanked all the media personalities present while dedicating the awards to all digital and tradition media entrepreneurs in Nigeria and beyond and promised to make everyone who has supported her on this journey proud.

Bodex is the Chairperson of Bodex Group International which comprises of Bodex Media, Bodex Footwear, Bodex Beauty House, House of Bodex and lead consultant at Volt Media Advisory.

She is the founder, Bodex Exceptional Women Initiative Africa (BEWIAFRICA)- an initiative that empowers women in men’s dominated field, amongst others.

Special Features

I learned to play talking drum myself as men refused to teach me, says Ara the drummer

Ara, the Nigerian drummer, has revealed that she learned how to play the talking drum by herself.

The self-acclaimed “queen of drums” spoke about her career in an interview with Channels TV.

She said she learned how to play the drums by watching the men perform, adding that they “refused” to teach her.

Ara said she listened to Nigeria’s veteran singers and learned how to play the drums to their sounds.

“I learned how to play the talking drum by watching the guys play because they refused to teach me. So I watched them play. I bought the music of people that I look up to in the industry,” she said.

“My father had a huge collection from Fela to Ayinla Omo Wura to Yusuf Olatunji to King Sunny Ade and everybody. So I learned to play with them.

“I listened to even Lagbaja when I was learning how to play because I love Lagbaja a lot. So I listened to all of their music and I trained my ear to listen differently and play differently.”

Ara is regarded as the foremost female drummer in Africa with a career that spans over two decades.

Special Features

Ara the Drummer narrates her grass to grace story

Nigeria’s foremost female drummer, Aralola Olamuyiwa popularly known as Ara, has made more revelations about her journey of life, recalling how she lost almost everything she laboured for in life, after things went from bad to worse for her.

The goddess of drums made these revelations during the week, while unveiling her pet project, a reality TV show tagged, “Eko Inspire Me By Ara”, and an academy for “Area Boys and Girls.”

Sharing her bitter experience at the unveiling ceremony, which was held at the EbonyLife Place, Victoria Island, Lagos, Ara said God took her on a journey to prepare her for what she’s doing today.

“In 2019”, she began, “I lost everything. When I say I lost everything, I lost everything I laboured for in life.”

She continued: “I sold all my cars and I was homeless. Nobody knew about my predicament except my family.”

“As at that time, I was somebody who used to give, not receive. I didn’t want to reach out to anybody. My landlord sent me packing because I couldn’t pay my house rent. On the day I was ejected from my house, I moved into a hotel with my child. While I was in the hotel, I reached out to one or two people whom I felt I could talk to.

“Sadly, I ended up staying in that one-room hotel for almost a year. I could not afford to feed myself and my child. In fact, I was eating the food that was meant for the kitchen staff. I moved from grace to grass and I started questioning God, why me?

“Everything I tried to do wasn’t working out for me. God practically cut everyone off me. When my mum knew what I was passing through, she reached out to me, but I told her I didn’t want to bother her. I started going to shows again. But the show that I normally charged between N3 million and N5 million, they started offering me between N100,000 and N150,000. I said to myself, what’s this?

“One day, I got a revelation and I said to God, is that the reason you are taking me on this journey? I prayed about it and I was told that nothing was wrong with me. This is God teaching me a lesson for a greater purpose. Nobody knew about what I was passing through because I am not a social media kind of person. Eventually, I picked the project again because I dumped it before now.

“I got frustrated trying to get people to key into the project. I went from organization to organization, but nothing seemed to be working out. So I dumped the project and God dumped me. I realized that He wanted me to feel what it feels like not to have a roof over your head, not to know where your next meal will come from.

“I cried profusely when they told me they were going to shut down the hotel where I was staying with my child because of COVID-19. I begged God to forgive me if I have done anything wrong. Later, they called me and said they weren’t going to shut down the hotel because of me. So, the moment I picked the project again, doors started opening for me. I said to God is that why you took me through this journey. Everything I lost gradually started coming back. I went from 100% to zero %. That’s why I said this project is the beginning of the beginnings for me,” the celebrity drummer, who was emotional, narrated.

Ara further explained that the initiative was borne out of her experience with some hoodlums over 10 years ago when she went to visit a friend at Oshodi area of Lagos. She said she made a promise to return to them in future, which she never fulfilled.

According to her, the experience changed her mentality about the street urchins. The drummer said she and her team were poised to make life better for over 2,000 area boys and girls in the next 10 years.

“Eko Inspire Me was conceived in my heart about 10 years ago due to a personal experience I had with some area boys in Oshodi,” she added.

Ara, however, thanked the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, for his support to make the initiative a dream come true.

On the reality show, the celebrity drummer said “Nigerians will vote 100 of them, 20 out of the 100 into the reality show. The academy will run throughout the year while the reality TV show is once a year.

“We cannot take more than 20 people for the reality TV show, but the Academy can take as many as possible. We also want volunteers.

“If anyone has touched your life, it’s time to pay back by helping these guys.”

Also speaking at the event, the Lagos State Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Gbenga Omotoso, said the initiative was in line with the Sanwo-Olu-led administration’s vision and pledged that the government will continue to offer support to ensure that more area boys and girls are kept out of the streets.

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, who spoke via a recorded video, also pledged to pick 20 area boys for mentorship.